Windows 10: Windows 98 Virtual PC on Virtualbox

Discus and support Windows 98 Virtual PC on Virtualbox in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my name is Tyler Hansen. I am trying to download a Windows 98 virtual PC on my Windows 10 computer with the goal of being able to run all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tyler Hansen, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Windows 98 Virtual PC on Virtualbox

Hi, my name is Tyler Hansen.

I am trying to download a Windows 98 virtual PC on my Windows 10 computer with the goal of being able to run all of my old CD-Rom games. I was successfully able to complete the setup for Windows 98 on Virtualbox 6.1 following a tutorial on Youtube. However, when I try and run one of my discs from my disc drives, it brings up the installation and takes me through it, but when I try running the game, it doesn't work properly. This includes either not having sound in the game or the sound in the game cutting in and out. Overall, the disc isn't behaving like it should after I installed it. I know it is possible to run CD-Rom discs on a virtual PC because I've seen in done in videos before. I feel like I am missing something but I can't figure out what it is. None of the tutorials are giving clear instructions on how to run pc games from the CD-Rom. Is there a step I missed somewhere? Please let me know what it is that I'm supposed to do. I've tried a bunch of different things but nothing seems to be working. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

:)

Tyler Hansen, Apr 30, 2020

2. Windows 98 problem

why not try to use virtual PC and emulate windows 98 on a XP machine or did someone already suggest that?

brandonwh64, Apr 30, 2020
  3. S_and_S Win User
    Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Apr 30, 2020
  4. 4rch4n93l Win User

Windows 98 Virtual PC on Virtualbox

Windows 98 Product key on Windows 10?

Dude you have no Idea how thankful I am! I was also wanting to make a second PC or something to play Windows 98 games on! THANK YOU! Cuz I got the original "Tomb Raider" 1 and 2, and a few other windows 98 games that are on discs and working! Not what I
    asked in this thing, but you are a mind reader!

4rch4n93l, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 98 Virtual PC on Virtualbox

1. Windows 98 Virtual PC on Virtualbox - Similar Threads - Virtual Virtualbox

2. how can i find a windows xp pro product key for a virtual machine virtualbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i find a windows xp pro product key for a virtual machine virtualbox: So, when I tried to activate windows with the UNATTEND.txt, it did not work. if that's not working, how can I activate windows XP I use a virtual machine to test like a virus so that my computer will be safe and sometimes some viruses NOT worms need windows XP. But I of...
  3. how can i find a windows xp pro product key for a virtual machine virtualbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i find a windows xp pro product key for a virtual machine virtualbox: So, when I tried to activate windows with the UNATTEND.txt, it did not work. if that's not working, how can I activate windows XP I use a virtual machine to test like a virus so that my computer will be safe and sometimes some viruses NOT worms need windows XP. But I of...
  4. How do you add Oracle VirtualBox virtual machines onto an external SSD and how can and AMD...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do you add Oracle VirtualBox virtual machines onto an external SSD and how can and AMD...: Okay, so a few days, I had some major issues with my PC. I have a mini itx gaming PC known for horrible ventilation, extremely cramped due to it's small size, and only one fan. The first issue started with my old PC case, it's called the Azza Pyramid mini. Now, I actually got...
  5. Connecting a Windows XP Virtual Machine on VirtualBox to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting a Windows XP Virtual Machine on VirtualBox to Wi-Fi: Hello. I have a VirtualBox Virtual Machine running on windows XP that cannot connect to the Wi-Fi. How do I connect it so that I can fully enjoy and explore my nostalgic Windows XP Virtual Machine?...
  6. Connecting a Windows XP Virtual Machine on VirtualBox to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting a Windows XP Virtual Machine on VirtualBox to Wi-Fi: Hello. I have a VirtualBox Virtual Machine running on windows XP that cannot connect to the Wi-Fi. How do I connect it so that I can fully enjoy and explore my nostalgic Windows XP Virtual Machine?...
  7. Every time I load a Windows 10 Virtual Machine in VirtualBox, it makes me install Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every time I load a Windows 10 Virtual Machine in VirtualBox, it makes me install Windows...: As the title says, when I boot up a Windows 10 VM in VirtualBox, it makes me install Windows again, despite already having done the process several times now.If this post has the wrong topic, I will gladly change it.-Joe...
  8. VirtualBox Failed to attach the USB device to the virtual machine

in Windows 10 News
    VirtualBox Failed to attach the USB device to the virtual machine: [ATTACH]If VirtualBox fails to attach your USB device or shows Failed to attach the USB device to the virtual machine error on your Windows 11/10 computer, here is what you can do to fix the issue. This error can occur while connecting a USB device such as a Bluetooth...
  9. Unable to virtualize Linux on Windows 10 using raw hard disk access of VirtualBox.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to virtualize Linux on Windows 10 using raw hard disk access of VirtualBox.: I am using Windows 10.I have a second physical disk with Ubuntu that I can also boot into if I want to. This is a separate physical disk.I want to boot from this entire physical disk using VirtualBox from inside Windows 10.I have followed the VirtualBox instructions for...
  10. Running Virtualbox+Vagrant inside of WSL2 with nested virtualization

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Running Virtualbox+Vagrant inside of WSL2 with nested virtualization: An interesting read. Running Virtualbox+Vagrant inside of WSL2 with nested virtualization | by Alice Knag | Jul, 2021 | Medium 181985

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video adapter win 98 vbox