Windows 10: Windows 9's new Start menu demonstrated on video

Discus and support Windows 9's new Start menu demonstrated on video in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft may have demonstrated its new Start menu earlier this year, but thanks to a recent "Windows 9" leak we’re now seeing every single part of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by bawldiggle, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Windows 9's new Start menu demonstrated on video

Windows 9's new Start menu demonstrated on video

[youtube]--wgAsHWNRE[/youtube]

:)

bawldiggle, Sep 11, 2014

2. Will the Mango update add 'Night Mode' to Camera funtionality?

Hi Phatinum,

While I have not heard of any specific Mango-enabled phones with a Night Mode, I do know that some of the demonstration videos for the new HTC Titan demonstrates a low light mode on that particular device. It looks pretty slick and might be what you're desiring.

In case you want to watch the videos, here's the
    HTC Titan Video Showcase
    on PocketNow.com.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 11, 2014
  3. pspezone Win User
    pspezone, Sep 11, 2014
  4. PaulGo Win User

Hopefully Windows 9 will have the ability to have folders in the start menu, if not the start menu fpr me will be a mess. I like to group together similar programs into a folder.

PaulGo, Sep 12, 2014
  5. Phone Man Win User
    The best part was at the end when you could choose the Start Screen or the new Start Menu. Choice is always best.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Sep 12, 2014
  6. nebilrafi Win User
    Windows 9 Technical Preview ( Build 9834 ) Link: new leaked video of Windows 9 with Startscreen , Notification and Cortana

nebilrafi, Sep 12, 2014
  7. Edwin New Member
    The video is a 'crock'!
    It's Windows 8.1 with 'Start8' and 'ModernMix'!
    (No wonder comments are disabled for the video!)*Sleepy

Edwin, Sep 12, 2014
  8. Gornot Win User

I saw this video and thought to myself:

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

This is pretty much EXACTLY what I expected. Common stuff like cmd, charmap, resmon, notepad, calc and other legacy desktop stuff pinned to the left for easy access without having to pin them to the taskbar; weather, calendar, social apps and email on the right. It's amazing! It keeps a perfect balance between those utilities I don't use all the time, modern apps that I like, but not in fullscreen, and then all the other programs I use daily pinned to the taskbar just like I did it since Windows 7. I just love it!

Gornot, Sep 12, 2014
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    The more I see the more I think I'm going to really like Win9.
    I can't wait to get my hands on the threshold and give it a spin then I can make up my mind on weather I want to get it or not but at this point I'm about 90% sold on it. It would have to have major issues to get me to change my mind at this point.
    My 2c.. YMMV
    Jeff ..

BunnyJ, Sep 12, 2014
  10. Gornot Win User
    The only thing that kind of bothers me, but not too much, is the look; the actual UI. It's clearly in progress and not nearly enough polished and ready, but I guess I can make do if it means getting some awesome updates for the preview *Biggrin

Gornot, Sep 13, 2014
  11. If that is win 9, forget it.

Lady Fitzgerald, Sep 13, 2014
  12. Vladimir Win User
    Yes, people's right of choice is something that should be kept untouchable !

*Cool

Vladimir, Sep 13, 2014
  13. Lebon14 Win User

My first reaction was, like I already posted it a million times, that were going to try to shove their shortcuts from Metro down our throats. Now, I've been proven that they were just pinned elements! That changes everything now.

I'll just need to get rid of this ugly *** flat interface, clean the "All apps" submenu in Start with a folder called "Metro Junk" and this might become useable.

Lebon14, Sep 14, 2014
  14. It just a dumb way of making Desktop shortcut icons.

Layback Bear, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 9's new Start menu demonstrated on video - Similar Threads - 9's Start menu

2. Start menu and windows+s doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu and windows+s doesn't work...: Hello. Start menu just straight up doesn't work. Right clicking it works, but some items(like search) still doesn't work. submitted by /u/ForbiddenLies [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isi0gd/start_menu_and_windowss_doesnt_work/
  3. Windows 10’s new Start Menu vs old Start Menu: What’s changed?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new Start Menu vs old Start Menu: What’s changed?: Earlier this year, Microsoft introduced a new iconography design for Windows 10 that features a colourful and vibrant look. As part of the new design makeover, Live Tiles will be fading into the background, and new icons would be front and center as opposed to the current...
  4. Unlock Windows 10's new Start Menu now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unlock Windows 10's new Start Menu now: Starting with Build 19041.423 or newer, you can now unlock the 20H2 features in Windows 10 version 2004 by tweaking your Registry. The Registry hack highlighted below will allow you to unlock the new Start menu, updated Alt-Tab, and other improvements without upgrading to...
  5. A closer look at Windows 10’s new Start Menu design

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Windows 10’s new Start Menu design: Windows 10 Build 20161 has been released to the testers in the Dev channel of the Windows Insider program. The preview build includes a new look for the Start Menu, alongside some other tweaks to notifications behaviour and taskbar in certain configurations. Microsoft says...
  6. This is Windows 10’s all-new Start menu and it looks sleeker

in Windows 10 News
    This is Windows 10’s all-new Start menu and it looks sleeker: Most of us are aware that Windows 10’s big problem when it comes to design is consistency and that’s mostly due to the versatility. Windows 10 was announced in 2015 and nearly five years later, the company has started working on a new look for the operating system, beginning...
  7. Here’s a closer look at Windows 10’s new Start menu

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s a closer look at Windows 10’s new Start menu: Windows 10 has officially hit a billion users and Microsoft recently teased upcoming changes to the operating system in a low-quality video. Today, Microsoft has finally posted high-resolution screenshots of Windows 10’s upcoming changes, which gives us a closer look at the...
  8. Windows 9 Start Menu Concept

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 9 Start Menu Concept: So from what it sounds like, Windows 9 is going to mark the return of the Start menu. So tonight, I've been trying to imagine what a Start menu in Windows 9 might perhaps look like. Here's the concept I came up with: [img] What do you guys think? 1520
  9. Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview...: Microsoft is set to unveil the preview version of Windows 9 later this month, and everyone expects to be allowed to try out some new features, including the Start menu and a desktop flavor of Cortana. According to new reports coming from Russian sources, Microsoft...
  10. Leaked 'Windows 9' screenshots offer a closer look at the new start menu.

in Windows 10 News
    Leaked 'Windows 9' screenshots offer a closer look at the new start menu.: Microsoft provided an early look at its new Start Menu for a future version of Windows earlier this year, but freshly leaked screenshots are offering an even closer look at the company’s progress towards its major desktop revamp. Two screenshots have emerged on myce that show...