Windows 10: "Windows" access to my Gmail/Google accounts request

Discus and support "Windows" access to my Gmail/Google accounts request in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I recently changed the password for my Google account. Since then I get continual messages that my Gmail account is out of date and needs to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamPruitt2, May 21, 2019.

1. "Windows" access to my Gmail/Google accounts request

Hi! I recently changed the password for my Google account. Since then I get continual messages that my Gmail account is out of date and needs to be fixed. When I click "fix" it says connecting to a service, and then I get a message allegedly from Windows wanting all kinds of access and empowerment to my Google account. No matter how often I dismiss this it keeps popping up. Since Windows is a Microsoft product used on my laptop (W 10) why is this happening and how do I stop it? Thanks! Will

:)

WilliamPruitt2, May 21, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Google Disables Some Gmail Accounts by Mistake

Google recently mistakenly disabled the Gmail accounts of some users, a mistake caused by company's attempt to stop spammers.
    said a Google staffer, identified as Google Guide. People whose accounts were disabled by mistake should have regained access to them already and no data should have been lost, the Google staffer also wrote. Google spokesperson Courtney Hohne said the mistakenly disabled accounts affected "a small fraction," well below 1 percent of the tens of millions of Gmail users.

Source: Yahoo! News

malware, May 21, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Google Adds IMAP Support to GMail

GMail has gained IMAP support, one of the most requested features for Google's web-based e-mail service. If you log into your GMail account and head to "settings", the tab for "Forwarding and POP" should now read "Forwarding and POP/IMAP." If it doesn’t, be patient, Google will be rolling out the new IMAP features across the service over the next few days. With IMAP you can access your mail via your desktop client, read mail, make changes and have those changes mirrored by any other client accessing the account. If you access your mail from multiple machines, IMAP allows them all to stay in sync. To enable IMAP in GMail just head to the settings page and change your access from POP to IMAP.

Source: Wired News

malware, May 21, 2019
  4. "Windows" access to my Gmail/Google accounts request

Gmail leaves your account open to spammers

A new flaw has been exposed in Google’s Gmail service which could allow hackers to get hold of your contacts. When you log into your Gmail (Googlemail in some countries) account, Google will put your details into a JavaScript file. Because of this, if you browse other websites whilst logged into your account, any of them could potentially declare the function “google” and be able to get hold of all of your contacts. The only two ways to ensure your privacy is safe are to disable JavaScript in all websites except those you trust or to not browse other sites whilst logged into any Google service. Admittedly Gmail is still only a beta, but a fault like this could be quite serious.

Update: Disabling JavaScript did not solve this problem, however it appears that Google has now fixed this issue and your contacts list should be safe.

Source: Engadget

Jimmy 2004, May 21, 2019
Thema:

"Windows" access to my Gmail/Google accounts request

1. "Windows" access to my Gmail/Google accounts request - Similar Threads - access Gmail Google

2. Windows access of my Google account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows access of my Google account: How might I delete the access given to Windows to my Google Account? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-access-of-my-google-account/2e2ed295-a08e-413c-998f-fdffd539d140
  3. An application is requesting permission to access your Google Account

in Browsers and Email
    An application is requesting permission to access your Google Account: In Chrome, I imported the Xnotifier extension settings, launched my gmail account and got this message [img] It's possible the same thing happened using Firefox some time n the past, but I don't remember. It doesn't name the application. Could it be the Xnotifier...
  4. Granting Windows an access to my GMAIL account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Granting Windows an access to my GMAIL account: Hello I am very confused by my Windows email app. It is requiring me to share my google account info with windows. It gives me a caution that windows my delete all items on my account once I grant them permission. I am asking if windows does really modify information stored...
  5. Windows 10 and Google gMail Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Google gMail Account: I have two email accounts -- one Google and one Outlook. I have added both the the Windows 10 app. I can receive emails from both but I cannot send from the Google account. I keep getting security alerts that my Google settings are out of date but a my password is OK and b...
  6. Gmail account, Google

Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"
  7. Microsoft Wanting Access to my Google Account

Microsoft Wanting Access to my Google Account: When I try to sign in right after this screen pops up. Windows wants to access your Google Account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** This will allow Windows to: Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail See, edit, download, and...
  8. We couldn't access this account: Gmail...

We couldn't access this account: Gmail...: To solve the problem of " We couldn't access this account: Gmail, (because I disabled less secure apps), I went to this site: "https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?pli=1" and click "ON". Problem solved....
  9. Cannot Access Emails in My GMail Account

Cannot Access Emails in My GMail Account: I am unable to receive emails using my Gmail account. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-emails-in-my-gmail-account/11728ae3-4a3e-4c2d-9d09-ca50319244f5
  10. Can't access Gmail account

in Browsers and Email
    Can't access Gmail account: When my email client tried to check my Gmail I was asked for my password. I entered my password and got the prompt to enter the code sent to my cell phone. Nothing is being sent to my phone. I can't find my backup codes to try. Anyone using 2 code verification for their Gmail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should i allow windows access to my gmail

2. windows wants to access your google account

3. allow windows to access gmail

4. allow windows access to gmail,
  5. should i allow windows to acces my gmail,
  6. Should I allow windows to access my google account\,
  7. should i allow windows access to gmail,
  8. is it safe for windows to access to my goggle accounts,
  9. is it safe for windows to access to my goggle accounts,
  10. if I access my gmail account through microsoft is it still protected,
  11. is it safe to give windows access to gmail,