Windows 10: Windows Account Hacked and they have control of the MS account

Discus and support Windows Account Hacked and they have control of the MS account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Need help. My email was hacked, they got the password and could read / delete / send emails in my name. They logged into my MS account, changed the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Upset20, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Upset20 Win User

Windows Account Hacked and they have control of the MS account

Need help. My email was hacked, they got the password and could read / delete / send emails in my name.

They logged into my MS account, changed the email address (deleting mine) along with the phone number. They deleted the emails notifying me of this as they went along but I managed to see one for a few seconds so got wind of what was happening. They then created a new MS account with my original email address (which had no bank details or Office 365 subscriptions), which made it look like it was a subscription error. They have stolen my account and I appear (despite been onto MS for 6 hours) to have no way of getting it back. All my passwords have been changed now and I managed to get the bank details removed from my original account but they have my Office 365 subscription and have bought a Gold Xbox subscription. As I don't control the email address they are using or the new phone number they have added I'm stuck. The Bank will not give a refund as they say it is a MS issue and MS say they cannot as you have to logged into the hacked account.

:)

Upset20, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows Account Hacked and they have control of the MS account :(

Zakin, Jun 14, 2019
  3. PP Mguire Win User
    77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Windows Account Hacked and they have control of the MS account

Steam Account Hacked

Again...

I sent a ticket I just hope they resolve it soon cause I really want to play Portal 2.

And I don't want him getting me banned.

But the scary thing is they hacked my Email account too!

I've changed the password but is that enough?

I scanned my Computer using malware and it got rid of 9 Nasty objects! Its been months since I did a scan and now I'm thinking this is how they got me.

Is a password change and malware scan removal enough to secure me? I made the password much harder than before.

Thinking about doing a reformat as well. Suggestions? Should I leave the hacked email account and make a new one?

AphexDreamer, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Account Hacked and they have control of the MS account

1. Windows Account Hacked and they have control of the MS account - Similar Threads - Account Hacked control

2. Account Hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Hacked: My account was hacked, and the email associated with the account was changed. All I can see is that the new email address is mf***** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Because I don't know the full email I am unable to use the recovery form to recover the account.Any...
  3. Hacked account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacked account: Hi, my account was hacked month ago and I set auto mail reset back from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my previous email but today I find it didn’t work and now it told me yq710… is not existing and previous mail too can you help me please...
  4. Account hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account hacked: My account has been hacked on my pc with threats if I don’t send some money. I’m trying to authenticate my email with the app on my phone but after several attempts both with email and text message, I don’t receive the verification code to process the 2 way authentication. I...
  5. account hacked

account hacked: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** don't live in Ireland and never been. When i search for microsoft help it always gives me info for Ireland. Now i just found out my live in girlfriend is tryna have me killed and has been using microsoft Azure to control my account...
  6. My email was hacked - MS account deleted

My email was hacked - MS account deleted: My email was hacked. Hacker used email to access MS account, and set it up so all account recovery and reset requests are sent to @169.com email.Set up new MS account - now trying to get online chat with help desk going, and can't seem make it work.Is there any "chat with...
  7. Account hacked or being controlled

Account hacked or being controlled: I received a text stating "your primary alias has been changed", then it says "not correct? click this link" to which it directs you to sign in to manage your account. I haven't been able to sign in because someone completely deleted my original email address and put some new...
  8. Hacked account

Hacked account: I've been trying to deal with Microsoft to recover a hacked account, not the one I'm currently signed in on. Can someone give me a phone number where I can talk with a human being? The automated processes aren't working, and somewhere someone is using my account, my name with...
  9. My MS Account was hacked

My MS Account was hacked: Hi everyone, I would really appreciate any help with this matter which us quite delicate matter for me. I have MS account with Skype account assigned to it. I did not use it for quite a long time, why yesterday it was hacked and assisgned email changed to hacker’s mail....
  10. Account hacking

Account hacking: My MS account was hacked after I used the App store and entered my Credit card details. I would have thought that Microsoft would have a secure site! On 15 Sept someone used the details to buy 11 items to the value of ZAR1001.50 each and then closed/blocked my MS account. I...