Windows 10: Windows Account info about device does not match computer

Discus and support Windows Account info about device does not match computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an issue with one of my Devices in my Microsoft Account. I have signed into the computer running on VirtualBox with my Microsoft Account. As of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NealCassady, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Windows Account info about device does not match computer

I have an issue with one of my Devices in my Microsoft Account. I have signed into the computer running on VirtualBox with my Microsoft Account. As of 4/9/2021 I have completed all updates, even checked for more updates a couple of times. My system is running on v20H2 build 19042.906 as it should be.

Under Device Support on my Microsoft Account it shows this:

[COLOR=rgba102, 102, 102, 1]Windows 10 Professional 10.0.19042.906[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba105, 105, 105, 1]Version1809[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba105, 105, 105, 1][COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Last checked : July 15, 2019[/COLOR][/COLOR]

It pulled the correct OS Build but not the correct Version and it appears that it hasn't checked in for almost 2 years. It does show that my device is Up to Date under Windows Update however that's where the date field is which is incorrect.

Is there a way to force my system to update in the Devices tab to obtain more current and correct info? I have a couple of other virtual devices that are reporting fine and yes, VirtualBox is all up to date as well as the extensions. I'm a bit nutty about updates with both software and firmware.

:)

NealCassady, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows Account info about device does not match computer :(

Zakin, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Account info about device does not match computer

Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, when we sign in to a device using the Microsoft account, the device is already added to the Microsoft account. However, as you have mentioned you are unable to add the device to the Microsoft account after removing it. We would suggest you
    to try converting the account as a local account and then converting it as a Microsoft account. This should add the device to the Microsoft account. Kindly refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    4. Once the account is converted as a local account, sign in to the account, go to settings and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to convert the account. Once the account is converted as a Microsoft account, the device will be listed in your Microsoft account.

Meanwhile, we would like to know the following details to assist you with the Minecraft issue:

• How are you trying to install Minecraft?
    • Which edition of Minecraft are you trying to install?

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Account info about device does not match computer

1. Windows Account info about device does not match computer - Similar Threads - Account info device

2. Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.: Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card. Please solution with this, cause i cant register for microsoft 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-the-info-you-entered-it-doesnt-match-the/3162bea1-f9a7-41d9-bf2e-6537c28cce6f
  3. "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.": I got that response when trying to add my card on microsoft account page through a web browser. My credit card info is all correct. I use it on PayPal, Apple's iTunes and App Store, Google Play, yet Microsoft seems confused. I also tried adding the payment method on Microsoft...
  4. "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card."

"Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.": I got that response when trying to add my card on microsoft account page through a web browser. My credit card info is all correct. I use it on PayPal, Apple's iTunes and App Store, Google Play, yet Microsoft seems confused. I also tried adding the payment method on Microsoft...
  5. Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.: sasaAaaaZazazaAA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-the-info-you-entered-it-doesnt-match-the/76bc52c5-39c8-4067-9105-ed72cd25c7fa
  6. Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.: If we add a new international, online, merchant transactions activated Visa/Master Card debit card, renewal of Windows office 365 subscription is near impossible for Indian customers due to "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card." this message....
  7. Microsoft account - device info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account - device info: Hello everyone, I would like to check if this is common, the device OS edition is windows 10 while i have already upgrade to windows 11. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-device-info/fca45f8e-f4ba-456d-8ebb-8137fa7c15d8
  8. Microsoft account - device info

Microsoft account - device info: Hello everyone, I would like to check if this is common, the device OS edition is windows 10 while i have already upgrade to windows 11. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-device-info/fca45f8e-f4ba-456d-8ebb-8137fa7c15d8
  9. Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.: Hello ,I am trying to create a free account. I am from INDIA.When I added a visa/MasterCard with all the details on the card it says " check the info you entered,It doesn't match the info for this card."I checked the forum before putting up the question but it is not helping....
  10. Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.

Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.: Hello ,I am trying to create a free account. I am from INDIA.When I added a visa/MasterCard with all the details on the card it says " check the info you entered,It doesn't match the info for this card."I checked the forum before putting up the question but it is not helping....