Windows 10: Windows Account Password not Syncing to Windows 10 Computers

Discus and support Windows Account Password not Syncing to Windows 10 Computers in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an office 365 subscription with six Windows 10 computers all running version 10.0.18363. Last week I changed the Microsoft Account Password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Clinton J Wooton, May 4, 2020.

1. Windows Account Password not Syncing to Windows 10 Computers

I have an office 365 subscription with six Windows 10 computers all running version 10.0.18363. Last week I changed the Microsoft Account Password which is used to access: https://accounts.microsoft.com/, Office365 and to manage logon to six Windows 10 computers that are attached to my MS Account. Four of the six computers synced the new passwords. IE: I must use the new password to logon to those computers. Two of the computers did not, I must still use the OLD previous password to logon to them.

For trouble shooting I have:

1. Checked for updates.
    2. Rebooted the two Windows 10 computers version 10.0.18363
    3. Logged into both computers, performed a manual - SYNC Your Settings
    4. Rebooted again
    5. Logged into https://account.microsoft.com/devices and REMOVED the two computers that are not syncing the MS Account Password
    6. Logged back into the TWO computers that the password did not sync on and attempted to ADD back to MS Account. Both computers still believe they are attached to the MS Account. I cannot add them back?
    7. I have downloaded the Windows account troubleshooter and run the utility. It reports that both computers are fine.

All six of my computers are connected to the same physical private IPv4 LAN. The computers are NOT connected via WiFi.

I need some help resolving this issue as I need to use the new password across all computers for security reasons and I really do not want to have to remember what the old password was forever.

:)

Clinton J Wooton, May 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 4, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows Account Password not Syncing to Windows 10 Computers :(

Zakin, May 4, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows Account Password not Syncing to Windows 10 Computers

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Account Password not Syncing to Windows 10 Computers

1. Windows Account Password not Syncing to Windows 10 Computers - Similar Threads - Account Password Syncing

2. Unable to verify account to sync passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to verify account to sync passwords: When I am in setting under Account Settings, there is a prompt to verify my identity to sync my passwords across devices. However, after logging into my Microsoft account in the window that it opens, the window immediately closes and the verification prompt is still there. I...
  3. Unable to verify account to sync passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to verify account to sync passwords: When I am in setting under Account Settings, there is a prompt to verify my identity to sync my passwords across devices. However, after logging into my Microsoft account in the window that it opens, the window immediately closes and the verification prompt is still there. I...
  4. Window 10 admin password sync to link email account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 admin password sync to link email account?: Hi all,I just cloned my laptop SSD to an external USB SSD.Then I disabled the internal SSD from BIOS settings,and try to boot from the USB SSD.However, Win 10 doesn’t allow me to boot from the USB SSD.Win10 want to do some repair, and ask me for the admin password,which is...
  5. Window 10 admin password sync to link email account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 admin password sync to link email account?: Hi all,I just cloned my laptop SSD to an external USB SSD.Then I disabled the internal SSD from BIOS settings,and try to boot from the USB SSD.However, Win 10 doesn’t allow me to boot from the USB SSD.Win10 want to do some repair, and ask me for the admin password,which is...
  6. Window 10 admin password sync to link email account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing: I first got this problem after installing a game from the xbox app, loading it, and then seeing that it can't connect to my xbox account. Since this was strange, I tried logging into my microsoft account from the xbox app itself, which then gave me an error. The most...
  8. Sync of accounts with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync of accounts with Windows 10: Since I have upgraded to Windows 10 the sync of my files seems to have been lost. I used this between my different devices and also between Google Chrome facilities and windows previously on Windows 7 For example I was able to update files in EXCEL and these would...
  9. Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?: So, something a bit odd happened today: I tried signing in as usual, but a message (I didn't really get to read it fully) that went something like "unable to sign in to your Microsoft account" popped up, and all my stuff was gone. Background reset, default browser reset, etc....
  10. Windows 10 Account not Syncing on new computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Account not Syncing on new computer: I have recently set up Windows 10 for my parents on a new computer for my parents and I am in the midst of trying to transfer all their settings and data from their old system across. As the default Windows 10 account on the new system that you create on initial set up I...