Windows 10: Windows Account settings are messed up for me.

Discus and support Windows Account settings are messed up for me. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I signed into a computer (that is not mine) once just to email one thing and now my account is the administrative outlook account in the "Your Info"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Warinstorm, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Windows Account settings are messed up for me.

I signed into a computer (that is not mine) once just to email one thing and now my account is the administrative outlook account in the "Your Info" inside the Accounts settings tab.

I tried removing my account from the "Email and App Accounts Tab" (In the accounts settings tab) but when I click on it the remove button won't show up please help. I need my account off this computer.

:)

Warinstorm, Jan 18, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Windows Account settings are messed up for me.

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows Account settings are messed up for me. :(

Zakin, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows Account settings are messed up for me.

1. Windows Account settings are messed up for me. - Similar Threads - Account settings are

2. Windows 11 settings messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 settings messed up: I messed up the Windows 11 settings, because all of a sudden I got MSN and the background color went to black.Now I have these:1. black background, e.g. in Whatsapp where the address side is normal white, but the message side is black with the messages as readable islands2....
  3. Windows 11 settings messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 settings messed up: I messed up the Windows 11 settings, because all of a sudden I got MSN and the background color went to black.Now I have these:1. black background, e.g. in Whatsapp where the address side is normal white, but the message side is black with the messages as readable islands2....
  4. Messed up display settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Messed up display settings: Hi there,recently i was trying to set up dual screens on my computer, when i accidentally enabled some setting. I was on the display settings page, and the option i enabled may have been ¨duplicate screen¨, but im not sure. After i did it, i am basically unable to use my...
  5. Windows is messing up on me

in Cortana
    Windows is messing up on me: So whenever I go to open search bar, or notifications, or even look something up in my files it will flicker for a millisecond and close. And I don't know what to do about it. when I'm in safe mode it works but when I'm not it doesn't...
  6. Messed up Administrator settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up Administrator settings.: I believe I messed up my administrator settings. There was a file that would not delete because I needed administrator privileges even though I was an admin. So I made the user account an admin and it worked. Now, when I try to move pictures or folders into the ones I've been...
  7. Audio settings messed up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio settings messed up?: So, my max volume on my pc was insanely loud in the past, which was really nice when i wanted to listen to really loud music or something, but now the 100% volume is what it used to be at like... 25%. I do NOT like this. Was there a recent windows update that changed this, or...
  8. Settings messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings messed up: My system settings reset for some reason and can’t restore them. This has caused me to not be able to connect to any WiFi, etc. I need help ASAP since i cant use my computer properly...
  9. Settings Menu messed up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Menu messed up.: As the title says, many of my settings pages are messed up. Any ideas? Tried in place repair-fails. I`m on latest build. 66296
  10. Messed up my settings, help me find them

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up my settings, help me find them: Hi! I lent my computer to a friend a couple weeks ago. I wanted to keep some folders private, so I was messing around trying different alternatives. Finally settled on just putting them on a separate USB key, but that left a mess behind. What I'm talking about: I was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. added a second pc microsoft account screwed up first pc

2. windows update messed up my profile