Windows 10: Windows Account User gone from log-in screen

Discus and support Windows Account User gone from log-in screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I opened my laptop this morning to find that an entire account my family uses has randomly dissapeared. I need this fixed ASAP as it has important... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by YourWorst101, May 18, 2019.

1. Windows Account User gone from log-in screen

I opened my laptop this morning to find that an entire account my family uses has randomly dissapeared. I need this fixed ASAP as it has important documents. The last time I used it was last night and everything was there before I shut it down.

:)

YourWorst101, May 18, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows Account User gone from log-in screen :(

Zakin, May 18, 2019
  3. Duplicate user accounts created on log-in screen in Windows 10

Hi Suprith,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the your concern about duplicate account created on sign-in screen on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to log-in through all the user accounts on sign-in screen?

Try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

• Login with Microsoft administrator account.
    • Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on User accounts, click on
      Manager another account
    • The window with all the user accounts will pop-up.
    • Select the user account you want to delete, click on
      Delete the account.
    • If User Account Control pops-up, enter your administrator account's password and click
      Ok.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 18, 2019
  4. Windows Account User gone from log-in screen

Windows 10 start up user account

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with log-in user account, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to assist you better:

• How many user accounts are there on your computer?
    • Is your computer connect to Domain?
    • Were you able to see your another user account on start-up screen?

If you are able to see another user account on start-up screen, I suggest you to login through that account and enable the built-in admin account.

After enabling the built-in admin account you can login through that account and delete the default account.

Step 1: Steps to enable built-in admin account

Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Steps to delete the account:

• Login with the built-in administrator account.

• Press “Windows key + X" from the keyboard and click on
      Search icon.

• Type Control Panel in the search box, click on “User accounts” and on
      "Manage another account"

• Click the on the default account you want to delete and Delete.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows Account User gone from log-in screen

1. Windows Account User gone from log-in screen - Similar Threads - Account User gone

2. Account gone from netplwiz user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account gone from netplwiz user: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone and I'm stuck at the password input display. I can't log in after I enter the password. If I press reset password it will say "This feature requires removable media, such as a USB flash drive. Please connect a USB...
  3. Account gone from netplwiz user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account gone from netplwiz user: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone and I'm stuck at the password input display. I can't log in after I enter the password. If I press reset password it will say "This feature requires removable media, such as a USB flash drive. Please connect a USB...
  4. My user account is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My user account is gone: I messed up with registery editor to change my username but after restart I got an error that says windows couldn't open my account, I panicked and looked for help on internet few comments said that I should delete the profile with .bak in the end on regedit so I did it. Now...
  5. All User Accounts Gone - Can't Log On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All User Accounts Gone - Can't Log On: I was adding a new user and then stepped away. When I came back, PC was on logon screen with only one account showing named "New User". And it requires a password. I don't have any users named "New User"... and all of my other accounts are missing. Tried any number of...
  6. All User Accounts Gone - Can't Log On

All User Accounts Gone - Can't Log On: I was adding a new user and then stepped away. When I came back, PC was on logon screen with only one account showing named "New User". And it requires a password. I don't have any users named "New User"... and all of my other accounts are missing. Tried any number of...
  7. Account gone from netplwiz user list

Account gone from netplwiz user list: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-netplwiz-user-list/109bc7ca-bbcd-4316-8912-e1a2974eb6f9
  8. Account gone from netplwiz user list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account gone from netplwiz user list: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-netplwiz-user-list/109bc7ca-bbcd-4316-8912-e1a2974eb6f9
  9. Account gone from netplwiz user list

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. User account missing from log-in screen. The account missing is also the administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User account missing from log-in screen. The account missing is also the administrator account: I have a Lenovo laptop. I have created 3 user accounts. Two of which are just for storing personal files, one for my sister, one for my mother. The 3rd account I use for work is the administrator account. My sister was saving files on her account last night, and this morning...