Windows 10: Windows Accounts create a VERY Confusing MESS

Discus and support Windows Accounts create a VERY Confusing MESS in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have nothing much good to say about "Microsoft Accounts". Likely there are some good things but they are obscured by all the trouble the mess is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by FredMarshall, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Windows Accounts create a VERY Confusing MESS

I have nothing much good to say about "Microsoft Accounts". Likely there are some good things but they are obscured by all the trouble the mess is causing. There are many stories that I could tell but, for today, I'll stick with the current issue:

I am working on a computer that belongs to someone else.

I was trying to provide feedback using the Feedback Hub.

The process eventually required me to "sign in" with a Microsoft Account.

This raised some concerns:

- I believe the User is using Office with a Microsoft Account on this computer. That's all within THEIR context of accounts, etc. I don't know what their account is nor do I want to know. And I can't ask them to submit the feedback for me.

- I have my own accounts and could log in using one of those.

BUT, what will happen with the User's computer and account if I do that?

Will their machine become a Device on my account?

Will their apparent account be changed on their computer?

I don't dare change anything re: the context of their computer so I couldn't proceed with the Feedback - which I need to convey.

So, I have to do nothing and resort to workaround methods to deal with the issues.

My conclusion with this and previous problems is that the Microsoft Account context is a hopelessly confusing mess.

Perhaps something could be done soon?

Copying Apple is fine but messing it up isn't......

It seems like the setup is in somebody's mental framework. Maybe that framework is flawed.

:)

FredMarshall, Aug 4, 2019

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Windows Accounts create a VERY Confusing MESS :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Windows Accounts create a VERY Confusing MESS :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Windows Accounts create a VERY Confusing MESS

MSA and Administrator Account Confusion!!

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

• Do you still have problem creating new user account? If yes, what exactly happen when you try to create a new user account?
    • Do you get any error message or error code?
    You can also follow the below steps to create a new local user account.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Click on Add
      button and click on Sign in without a Microsoft account.
    Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows Accounts create a VERY Confusing MESS

1. Windows Accounts create a VERY Confusing MESS - Similar Threads - Accounts create VERY

2. Several different bluescreens and very very confused

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several different bluescreens and very very confused: Hello and thanks for clicking on this!In the last few weeks I have been receiving bluescreens while playing FFXIV. I'm fairly certain that is the only consistent application being run at the time of the error. I guess that and steam. Anyway the bluescreens I have encountered...
  3. Several different bluescreens and very very confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several different bluescreens and very very confused: Hello and thanks for clicking on this!In the last few weeks I have been receiving bluescreens while playing FFXIV. I'm fairly certain that is the only consistent application being run at the time of the error. I guess that and steam. Anyway the bluescreens I have encountered...
  4. Several different bluescreens and very very confused

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I'm very confused.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm very confused.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rollingaD30 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/klc7yz/im_very_confused/
  6. Very Confusing . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Confusing . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The questions, I'll be asking Are about, antivirus. Right now, I'm running Norton Antivirus. All the ratings, have it. As one, of the best The most important,feature to me, is it's VPN! I live in a, retirement...
  7. Microsoft Account Confused Mess

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account Confused Mess: When I attempt to download an app from the Microsoft Store it requires me to sign in with my Microsoft account. My account was originally set up with a bellsouth.net email in Outlook. I've fired AT&T who absorbed Bellsouth due to horrendous email service and I no longer use...
  8. Very confused

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Very confused: I have one microsoft account with two separate login passwords. I can log in via "account.live.com" with one password. AND I can login in to "login.live.com" with a different password to my same microsoft account. This is confusing and has me very worried. It is causing havoc...
  9. confused, very

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    confused, very: %SystemRoot%\System32\setupapi.dll,-2 can anyone tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-very/bf03fad8-e017-4b6f-8e13-0609c3aa8e36
  10. Very confused now

in Windows 10 Support
    Very confused now: I have been reading the horror stories re breaking machines with updates and the like and returning home shortly after a long spell (3 months) in hospital am really quite concerned what is going to happen when I fire up my two (currently) 10 machines. Now of course I...