Windows 10: windows accounts, login credentials and skype

Discus and support windows accounts, login credentials and skype in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm lost with win 10 accounts, how many are there? anybody understand this madness? here's what I'm experiencing if this makes sense and anybody cares... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bbxrider, Jan 17, 2017.

1. bbxrider Win User

windows accounts, login credentials and skype

I'm lost with win 10 accounts, how many are there? anybody understand this madness?
    here's what I'm experiencing if this makes sense and anybody cares to follow
    1.have win 10 pro laptop that was auto update from win 7 pro, was a local acct admin of course things were just fine, create accounts for IIS testing, etc
    2. after update suddenly the login changed and my admin account somehow changed and now had to login with my 'microsoft' account, call it L: a.name@a.domain.com. I got that when my company had me use an office 365 account and had to create a ms 'account'
    3. got a new laptop win 10 pro. this lets me have a local account login, whats the difference here? can I change my old laptop t to have my local admin account login back?
    4, not sure if I have a separate ms account plus an office 365 account at this point?
    4.created a skype account with a username, b.name and funded it
    5. forgot skype password, so going through skype password reset dialogue it somehow changed to my ms account?
    at the end of the reset it tells me I have successfully changed my L: a.name@a.domain.com account and not successfully changed my skype account password????
    6. sure enuf going to login to skype with newly reset password, its not accepting it, telling me there is a problem with my ms account???? WTF???

windows accounts, login credentials and skype [​IMG]

:)

bbxrider, Jan 17, 2017
  2. Anupam A Win User

Microsoft Account vs Local Account on Windows 10

Hi Techie007L,

I upgraded to WIndows 10 and was browsing through the apps. Opened Skype video and my existing skype login could not work, and then it asked for my Microsoft account, and i used outlook.com credentials, and realized its totally different as none of my existing
    contacts were there. Found other app with name Skype, still not able to understand why 2 skype app on my laptop.

Logged out and on next login, its not accepting my local credential, rather asking for Microsoft account credentials, i am not in favor of this linking, how to restore my local account back ?

I also wanted to go back to Win7, but the **** policy of 30 days reversal period didn't allows me to go back. Moving to Win 10 has taken toll on display drivers and screen goes flickering in b&w mode at times.

Anupam

Anupam A, Jan 17, 2017
  3. wpc09 Win User
    After reboot - all Microsoft account require logging in and outlook resets to default Office theme

I have a major issue that has occurred several days after installing Windows 10 anniversary edition.

After every reboot:

Windows credentials asks for log-in

OneDrive asks for a login

OneDrive for Business asks for a login

Skype for Business asks for a login

Outlook 2016 returns to default theme

In each case, I tell it to save login credentials, to no effect.

This will get tired fast. Something is resetting requirements for credentialing after every reboot.

Any suggestions.

wpc09, Jan 17, 2017
  4. windows accounts, login credentials and skype

Well I'm game to try.

1) stating facts, no answer required.

2) Microsoft is moving people to have a Microsoft account, pro's and con's which the web will debate. When you did the upgrade there were likely options to select keep local but not obvious. One trick is to update offline. Then Microsoft also prompts you to switch to MS when you use Store. Again, people miss the subtle hints and bang they are switched.

3) Yes you can go back to Local account. Settings => Accounts, "Sign in with local account instead". I would first create a Local admin and test it. Sign in, do something an admin can do. You should always have two admin accounts on device in case your sign in gets corrupted. With Microsoft account you can fix on web.

4) Your ms account and 365 account should be same if you used same info to sign in. (Below I will show you how to sign into account and you should see info.)

4) Created Skype account, info.

5) Microsoft wants to combine all services under one account. Like Apple or Google. One account, one password, all services. They want to combine your Skype account and its contacts into one place. While on the surface sounds reasonable, I don't like it. I want to keep separation of contacts for my own reasons. When you start Skype it starts it as your MS account, usually. Now you created separate account. Again I think there is option to choose different sign in account but again, it is not obvious.

Now if you want to get to Skype (MS account) here is how to do it. In your browser type Microsoft Account

Click sign in with microsoft account. It will likely sign in with no passworrd. Check which account you are in, on left. If not your Skype account,, click on user icon, upper right and then click Sign in with another account. Enter Skype MS account and go through password reset.

When you come back to Skype I can't remember panels, just watch you are on Skype MS account.

Caledon Ken, Jan 17, 2017
  5. bbxrider Win User
    thanks very much for the comprehensive and thoughtful reply, Hopefully this a start to fixing and getting my hands around this confusing implementation of accounts, logins, and password recovery

bbxrider, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows accounts, login credentials and skype

1. windows accounts, login credentials and skype - Similar Threads - accounts login credentials

2. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  3. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  4. Skype for desktop stored login credentials

Skype for desktop stored login credentials: Hello. I have told Skype to not store any login information after logging off but when I reopen it, still remember my account name and even password. How can I make it to forget that info altogether?. 180012
  5. Login credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login credentials: Are my log in credentials automatically stored on my hdd/ssd? can someone view it if they have/stole my pc? P. S. I don't wanna use Bitlocker though. submitted by /u/MrRightknow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8zhyq/login_credentials/
  6. my skype can not login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my skype can not login: Skype version 3.8.0.188 is not working on my windows 10 when i try to connect my Skype it always write no internet but i still have internet so i need your help that can let me login to Skype...
  7. Skype Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Skype Account: I can't get into my skype account. I get a message saying "something is wrong" and referring me to account.live.com. I have a MS account and password and everything seems ok apart from skype. what should I do...
  8. Login problems and credentials

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login problems and credentials: My boss was asked this morning to change her login password because it had expired. She did but now the computer is not accepting the new password and its asking for her credentials. what can she do?...
  9. Can't login on Skype

Can't login on Skype: I need some help. I cant login on my Skype. 110569
  10. Cat login on Skype

in Windows 10 Support
    Cat login on Skype: I need some help. I cant login on my Skype. 110569