Windows 10: windows act like tab is stuck after using my controller

Discus and support windows act like tab is stuck after using my controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi, every time i finish using my xbox controller windows act like tab is being held constantly even after i disconnect the controller i have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by or gez, Jan 22, 2021.

1. or gez Win User

windows act like tab is stuck after using my controller

hi,

every time i finish using my xbox controller windows act like tab is being held constantly

even after i disconnect the controller i have no idea what to do.

any help would be appreciated.

:)

or gez, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Vegster Win User

Windows apps acting like tab key is stuck, but it's not?

I have the exact same issue. I concider my self an advanced user, and have been around since late MS-DOS. I've gone throug all the "no-brainer" troubleshoots, but the problem persist. Tested several different keyboards/mice plugged directly into the mo-bo USB-ports, no change.
    Format system drive and reinstall Windows is the last resort here, it seems. Was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to go through that ordeal though.

cxztiel:
    I have Logitech mouse and kb, running Logitech Gaming Software at startup. Does this apply to you? If so, it might bring us closer to an explanation.

Edit:
    I'm stupid. My problem was caused by a Xbox controller. Never crossed my mind that it was still connected. It was laying up-side down, with the direction stick leaning to the right. Windows apps recognise input from Xbox contollers, so... *facepalm*
    I might suggest checking input devices. This includes wireless input devices sending signals to those teeny weeny dongles, e.g. unifying receivers.

Vegster, Jan 22, 2021
  3. RoshanV S Win User
    Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

Hi JohnFaint ,

I'm Roshan V S, Windows expert and a Windows user like you.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I know it is very frustrating when your controller acting like a mouse.

Try these methods to disable mouse functionality on your controller.

Method 1.

1. Go to control panel, then go to devices.

2. Click the mouse tab on the left panel. then click Additional mouse options from the right panel.

2. Click the hardware tab and you should see two of "HID-compliant mouse",

3. Find the one that has it's location set as AlphaMouse, then go to properties and disable the device.

Now your joystick won't move your mouse cursor, but we're not done.

4. Go back to control panel and go to Keyboard.

5. Again find the hardware tab and you will again see 2 drivers,

6. Find the one that is AlphaMouse. I was unable to disable this, but I uninstalled the device and it fixed my controller's D-Pad and face buttons from inputting keyboard functions.

Method 2.

Maybe this problem because of Steam.

1. Open Steam app Menu and select ‘Settings’ option.

2. In the Settings window, locate ‘Controller’ tab and when found, click open the tab

3. Next, hit ‘General Controller Settings’ button and from the general settings screen visible on your computer, uncheck the ‘Xbox configuration support’.

4. Unchecking this option should resolve the problem.

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Best Regards

Roshan V S

Indepedent Advisor

RoshanV S, Jan 22, 2021
  4. windows act like tab is stuck after using my controller

ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

windows act like tab is stuck after using my controller

1. windows act like tab is stuck after using my controller - Similar Threads - act tab stuck

2. My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down: I have tried all the windows powershell ways such as disk check sfc/scannow and dism check/restore health. None of them seemed to work. It only does this with windows applications such as settings, network and internet, taskbar, and volume. I am using it via a cable the cable...
  3. My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down: I have tried all the windows powershell ways such as disk check sfc/scannow and dism check/restore health. None of them seemed to work. It only does this with windows applications such as settings, network and internet, taskbar, and volume. I am using it via a cable the cable...
  4. My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  6. Controller Acting like a mouse

Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  7. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Controller acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  9. Controller acting like a mouse

Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  10. Windows apps acting like tab key is stuck, but it's not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows apps acting like tab key is stuck, but it's not?: I can't click on anything or type anything because it's as if the tab key is stuck. It's constantly flickering between selection of various buttons, and I can't do anything. My tab key is physically fine. It only does this in default Windows apps such as Sticky Notes, Photos,...