Windows 10: Windows acting as if I have shift key pressed.

Discus and support Windows acting as if I have shift key pressed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So when I turn on my laptop windows has been acting as if the shift key is depressed (selecting all files, opening links in new windows, ect). A simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/battlemech7, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Windows acting as if I have shift key pressed.

So when I turn on my laptop windows has been acting as if the shift key is depressed (selecting all files, opening links in new windows, ect). A simple log out and back in fixes this, but I would like to not have to turn on my laptop, log in and then back out, before loging in again to use my computer normally. Anyone know whats going on?

submitted by /u/battlemech7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/battlemech7, Nov 25, 2019
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Nov 25, 2019
  3. shift key acting like it's stuck, ctrl and num keys don't work

Hi janieneh,

There's a possibility that the keyboard issue that you're experiencing may be due to having an outdated driver or could be a software conflict. However, there's also a chance that sticky keys may have been enabled on your laptop. Before we try to troubleshoot
    the software side, please try the following workarounds and see if one on the list addresses the problem:

• Turning off Sticky Keys.
      • If this feature is turned on, then have it turned off. Just navigate to
        Settings > Ease of access > Keyboard > Sticky Keys
        , then toggle it
        Off
    • Holding down both Shift keys.
      • Press and hold down both Shift keys at the same time for 4 to 5 seconds.
    • Perform full shutdown
      • To perform a full shutdown, click the Windows key > Power Icon > Shutdown. Once computer is off, press the power button to boot it up.
    Please let me know if the issue persists after performing the steps above by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Honey Win User

Windows acting as if I have shift key pressed.

Windows getting sleep when i press windows logo from keyboard(shift + d not working

All keys are working but not with shift,
    Like if type d, but if i try d as capital by pressing shift + D and its not working, but if i press shift with any other key its working,
    Its really really strange question

Honey, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows acting as if I have shift key pressed.

1. Windows acting as if I have shift key pressed. - Similar Threads - acting shift key

2. Shift key acting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key acting up: HI,My shift key is acting up. IT performs as if the sticky keys are on, but they are not. WHEn I press the shift key it remains on for several letters instead of only one although it is not pressed anymore. IF YOU see my typos here, you will understand what happens. If I MAKE...
  3. Shift key acting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key acting up: HI,My shift key is acting up. IT performs as if the sticky keys are on, but they are not. WHEn I press the shift key it remains on for several letters instead of only one although it is not pressed anymore. IF YOU see my typos here, you will understand what happens. If I MAKE...
  4. Shift key acting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key acting up: When i press my right shift key it adds a space like just pressing it and the left one adds a - and sometimes my keyboard randomly capitalise a letter without me pressing shift....
  5. Shift key acting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key acting up: When i press my right shift key it adds a space like just pressing it and the left one adds a - and sometimes my keyboard randomly capitalise a letter without me pressing shift....
  6. Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??: I'm using surface pro 5th generation with Windows 10. Recently, it is acting as if Ctrl key is pressed while it is not. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acting-as-if-it-is-pressed/c0665232-f51b-421d-9e22-71bc6dcc5535
  7. Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.: So everything with my keyboard has been fine until recently when the 'C' key stopped working, i have tried a number of things to fix it such as uninstall the drivers, install new ones, update software and firmware, run health checks, rebooting and many other things yet...
  8. Windows acts as if shift key is stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows acts as if shift key is stuck: Hello. For the last year windows has acted as if the shift key is stuck. It activates seemingly randomly after around 30 minutes of usage, and only a restart will fix the issue. I've tried disabling sticky keys, switching keyboard, and completely resetting computer (all...
  9. Taskbar acts as if Shift key is pressed when it's not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar acts as if Shift key is pressed when it's not?: Hello. The taskbar is acting as if the Shift key is pressed (it's not) because when I right-click windows in it, the wrong pop up appears. The one that appears is the one that would show up if you press Shift + Right Click. "Sticky Keys" is not on. The same doesn't happen...
  10. Computer thinks shift key is pressed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer thinks shift key is pressed?: Recently, while using my computer, it acts as though the shift key is pressed down. (Making my computer near impossible to use) The only way to get it to stop is to reset my computer, but it normally comes back within a few minutes/hours. All sites i have looked at have said...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shift key acting pressed down on pc

2. battlemech7