Windows 10: Windows Activaiton - Azure

Discus and support Windows Activaiton - Azure in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello all, we are using a tablet that has Windows 10 Pro installed, but after running Azure and One Drive it changes to Windows 10 Business, we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SitechAU, Nov 23, 2022.

1. SitechAU Win User

Windows Activaiton - Azure

hello all, we are using a tablet that has Windows 10 Pro installed, but after running Azure and One Drive it changes to Windows 10 Business, we recently had the mainboard/mother board replaced. And now it is asking to Active Windows, already tried Troubleshoot under Settings-> Activation also tried 'wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey' in command prompt without success. Does anyone know how to resolve this or why this happens?

:)

SitechAU, Nov 23, 2022

2. Migrating On Prem VM to Azure

Hi Experts, We have a requirement of moving out VMs as is in Azure from Current On-Prem and the process we are following is

1. Create a RAW image from an on-prem VM.
    2. Convert the RAW image to VHD.
    3. Move the VHD file to Azure Storage.
    4. Convert the Disks to managed disks.
    5. Mount the OS disk to the C drive and other disks respectively.
    Issue - Once we mount the OS disk we are not able to RDP to the machine we have followed the steps suggested in the below links and as usual there are millions of documents and none point in the right direction unfrotunately.

Links followed to figure out options to get this done -

Prepare a Windows VHD to upload to Azure - Azure Virtual Machines | Microsoft Docs - Microsoft documentation.

Create a Windows VM from a specialized VHD in the Azure portal - Azure Virtual Machines - Microsoft documentation.

Upload a VHD to Azure and create a virtual machine - Stephanie Kahlam - Some helpful people created this and

We have tried options

1. Created image from managed disk and tried to initiate the VM and got exception as below
      Provisioning failed.
      OS Provisioning for VM 'demo-1' did not finish in the allotted time. However, the VM guest agent was detected running. This suggests the guest OS has not been properly prepared to be used as a VM image (with CreateOption=FromImage). To resolve this issue, either use the VHD as is with CreateOption=Attach or prepare it properly for use as an image:
      * Instructions for Windows:
      https://azure.microsoft.com/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-windows-upload-image/
      * Instructions for Linux:
      https://azure.microsoft.com/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-linux-capture-image/.

and
      the suggested solution 1 to use CreateOption=Attach creates the VM but does not allow us to RDP to the machine so we are assuming it's not booting up. The other option suggested in the hyperlink is to create image using SysPrep which is not an option for us as we are performing a lift and shift.
    I would like to get some guidance from experts on to the right process to follow.

Dalbir Singh (dalbir.monga), Nov 23, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Windows Activaiton - Azure

The correct way to mount an Azure Windows Share

Here is my goal:

• I'd like to have an Azure Windows Share folder that I can mount both in my Windows Azure VM and on my Local Computer.
    • I'd like to be able to read and write to files in this share from both the Azure VM and my Local Computer
    • I am not necessarily trying to use a VPN
    Here is my starting point:

• I have a Windows Azure account
    • I have used the PowerShell scripts to create a Windows Azure VM (With Windows Server 2016 DataCenter)
    • I have logged into my Azure VM
    • I have created a Storage Account (with an Account Key) in my Azure Portal
    • I have attempted to follow the instructions in this article: Mount SMB Azure file share on Windows | Microsoft Learn
    Here is my problem:

• I am confused on when it says to open Port 445. Port 445 appears to be open on the VM, but the share should be separate from the VM, correct? Where then am I supposed to open port 445? Is there a different machine that I should be accessing via PowerShell
      commands?

Also, is there another way to accomplish my goal (see "Here is my goal" section above") given where I am starting from?

Michael Plautz, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows Activaiton - Azure

1. Windows Activaiton - Azure - Similar Threads - Activaiton Azure

2. Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue: We are moving everyone at our company over from local accounts to Azure-linked accounts. On my laptop, I wanted to see what would happen if someone else logged into it using their Microsoft credentials. They were able to do so successfully. They now show up in the log in...
  3. Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue: We are moving everyone at our company over from local accounts to Azure-linked accounts. On my laptop, I wanted to see what would happen if someone else logged into it using their Microsoft credentials. They were able to do so successfully. They now show up in the log in...
  4. how can i change the language of azure DevOps server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change the language of azure DevOps server: hi, I want to change my azure devops server language other than English. but unable to success. I applied some changes on Azure server 2020, by changing language at my profile > local > language. the impact was on several areas except work items type.Changes at Azure services...
  5. how can i change the language of azure DevOps server

how can i change the language of azure DevOps server: hi, I want to change my azure devops server language other than English. but unable to success. I applied some changes on Azure server 2020, by changing language at my profile > local > language. the impact was on several areas except work items type.Changes at Azure services...
  6. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...
  7. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...
  8. Windows Activaiton - Azure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activaiton - Azure: hello all, we are using a tablet that has Windows 10 Pro installed, but after running Azure and One Drive it changes to Windows 10 Business, we recently had the mainboard/mother board replaced. And now it is asking to Active Windows, already tried Troubleshoot under...
  9. Windows Activaiton - Azure

Windows Activaiton - Azure: hello all, we are using a tablet that has Windows 10 Pro installed, but after running Azure and One Drive it changes to Windows 10 Business, we recently had the mainboard/mother board replaced. And now it is asking to Active Windows, already tried Troubleshoot under...
  10. Windows 10 License activaiton

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 License activaiton: Hi as you know the windows 7 support end on 14th Jan 2020 so we are upgrading our desktops from Windows 7 to 10 pro, coming to activation part, showing digital license and activated with existing windows 7 licenses Please confirm that it means its a genuine windows...