Windows 10: Windows activation account change

Discus and support Windows activation account change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I go to activation in settings it says Windows is activated using your organizations activation, but I am now leaving that organization. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sidd74367, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Sidd74367 Win User

Windows activation account change

When I go to activation in settings it says Windows is activated using your organizations activation, but I am now leaving that organization. I had windows given to me for free when I got this PC so how do I switch to that or change my current windows activation link to my MS account from my organizations.

:)

Sidd74367, Oct 13, 2019

2. Account changes in 10586 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command line and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: yes

After the command line is complete, restart the system and login to the built-in Administrator account and do the necessary changes to your account. Again, restart your computer and login t your account and disable the built-in Administrator account by following
    the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command line and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows activation account change - Similar Threads - activation account change

2. Windows 10 - Activation changed from Microsoft Account to Organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Activation changed from Microsoft Account to Organization: Hello.I've had the same computer activated with my Microsoft Account. Recently from out of nowhere it changed to : "Windows is activated using your organisation's activation service"My computer has never belonged to any organisation. I always activated Windows just by simply...
  3. Windows 10 - Activation changed from Microsoft Account to Organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Activation changed from Microsoft Account to Organization: Hello.I've had the same computer activated with my Microsoft Account. Recently from out of nowhere it changed to : "Windows is activated using your organisation's activation service"My computer has never belonged to any organisation. I always activated Windows just by simply...
  4. changing the account my windows activation is linked to

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changing the account my windows activation is linked to: ive recently aquired my grandmothers computer and would like to reset it and have my own ms account as the main account however i dont know the activation key and its not in the box nor does anyone know it, but it seems to be linked to her account is there any way i can re...
  5. changing the account my windows activation is linked to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the account my windows activation is linked to: ive recently aquired my grandmothers computer and would like to reset it and have my own ms account as the main account however i dont know the activation key and its not in the box nor does anyone know it, but it seems to be linked to her account is there any way i can re...
  6. changing the account my windows activation is linked to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change windows activation linked account

Change windows activation linked account: I have a laptop with windows 10 home activated. It reads as `Windows is activated with a digital license linked to my account`. But now I want to do a fresh install of windows with a new Microsoft account.Will the windows get automatically activated when I use a new account...
  8. Activating Windows 10 after changing hardware - wrong account

Activating Windows 10 after changing hardware - wrong account: I recently changed some hardware in my PC and I went to reactivate my Windows 10. I ran the troubleshooter and clicked "I changed hardware on this device recently." but the page it brought me to asked me to enter the password for an account I have deleted. When I try to...
  9. Windows activation after hardware change, and Microsoft account problems.

Windows activation after hardware change, and Microsoft account problems.: I was trying to reactivate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard but was unable to and windows would only tell me to try again later. I went to my Microsoft account online and saw that the two devices there (which were the same) didn't have the correct version...
  10. Activation Of Windows 10 Account After Drive Is Changed

Activation Of Windows 10 Account After Drive Is Changed: Hi My Laptop Is Running Windows 10 and The Hard Drive In That Laptop Is Damaged & Not Running Well So Now I Am Changing My Drive Here Problem Is That My Laptop Is Activated With Product Key So That The Data Is Totally Loat When Hardrive Is Changed Then Help Out Off Activating...