Windows 10: Windows activation after a hardware change, missing Windows 10 Pro product key.

Discus and support Windows activation after a hardware change, missing Windows 10 Pro product key. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently updated my PC hardware (I still have the same hard drives) and as I fired up my new computer, I got a greeting from the "Activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FafarID, Sep 27, 2019.

1. FafarID Win User

Windows activation after a hardware change, missing Windows 10 Pro product key.

Hello,

I recently updated my PC hardware (I still have the same hard drives) and as I fired up my new computer, I got a greeting from the "Activate Windows" -text on the bottom right corner of my monitor. As I can't remember or find the code for the Windows 10 Pro I was using before this since I got it as a gift and never linked it to any Microsoft account, is there a way I can recover my windows? I have the last 5 digits of the code but that's all basically.

Thanks.

:)

FafarID, Sep 27, 2019
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Sep 27, 2019
  3. tigger Win User
    Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

I bought a win 10 pro oem key for £25, changed my motherboard and cpu, and reinstalled windows, and it activated automatically. So I would say why not buy pro?

From here-
    Buy Windows 10 Professional license online - Softwaregeeks.co.uk

Was near enough instant delivery of key by email, and it activated on my original install, and on a clean install with changed hardware. Can't say fairer than that for £25

tigger, Sep 27, 2019
  4. tigger Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows activation after a hardware change, missing Windows 10 Pro product key. - Similar Threads - activation hardware change

2. Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change: Hi thereMy motherboard/cpu died and I have installed a new motherboard and cpu, everything else is the same.I have the message now that Windows is not activated. Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211I have tried the Troubleshoot...
  3. Activating Windows 10 Pro after Hardware change

Activating Windows 10 Pro after Hardware change: I have a Windows 10 Pro non-OEM which I originally purchased as XP Pro, then paid to upgrade to Windows 8 and took the upgrade route to Windows 10. The last time I upgraded the hardware 5 years ago I had no problems re-activating. I have just upgraded my Motherboard and...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Activation After Hardware Change

Windows 10 Pro Activation After Hardware Change: Since call support seems to be refusing to hold up their end when it comes to appointment times, I'll turn here. I recently replaced my MOBO and CPU for my custom PC, resulting my W10 Pro not activating. I've tried the various solutions suggested by the troubleshoot dialog...
  5. I cannot activate Windows 10 after a hardware change with a product key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot activate Windows 10 after a hardware change with a product key.: I use a product key to activate my Windows 10 that the computer has a hardware change recently. My Windows version is Windows 10 Education and I tried following this article but it don't work. What should I do?...
  6. Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware

Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware: I recently built a new pc with completely different parts, and installed windows on it using the product key I have been using for years. But then it told me that the product key is invalid and that I should purchase windows?...
  7. Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.

Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.: I cant activate windows after I switched my motherboard. I ran the troubleshooter here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MVjNHYYhTE Also this picture is taken from https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ should I remove my old pc from my devices?[ATTACH]...
  8. Activating windows after losing product key and performing a hardware change.

Activating windows after losing product key and performing a hardware change.: Long story short, I purchased this computer in its entirety off of someone from Craigslist so naturally, I have no possibility of tracking them down. The PC never came with a manual or, in this case, a product key. Years later (today), I do major hardware changes, which...
  9. Windows 10 won't activate with valid product key after hardware change

Windows 10 won't activate with valid product key after hardware change: I recently updated my motherboard and now it says Windows 10 isn't activated. My Microsoft account is logged in but still won't work. It's the same computer with different MOBO. I have a valid Windows key that I bought and won't activate Windows 10. Would appreciate help!...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Recently upgraded my home PC after a motherboard failure; it was older, so this includes a processor upgrade as well. After getting it operational again, I was plagued by the "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right corner of the screen. Following the standard...