Windows 10: windows activation after board swap

Discus and support windows activation after board swap in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hello , I have not done anything yet but I am about to swap mainboards with my son. the two recently built systems both have windows 10 pro with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by teamgatch, Sep 29, 2019.

1. teamgatch Win User

windows activation after board swap

hello ,

I have not done anything yet but I am about to swap mainboards with my son. the two recently built systems both have windows 10 pro with digital license and are linked to our Microsoft accounts respectively.

my mainboard is an asrock motherboard which I am beginning to hate because of its laggy led software. my sons gigabyte mainboard on the other hand may not be perfect but has a descent led software.

why question is...….if I swap the boards, do we just log in to our Microsoft account and link again?

thanks

:)

teamgatch, Sep 29, 2019
  2. no1yak Win User

Activation on new board

Hi All, I have a question on activation. I have two machines, one Asrock and the other Asus. The Asrock was a free upgrade from Win 8 pro to 10 pro using my retail licence and was activated. My Asus was installed with 10 pro via a retail licence.

Now, the Asrock has been decommissioned and I'm waiting for new board to arrive (Asus)I want to use the retail 10 key for the new board but, my other Asus was activated using that key. So I went into the activation screen and changed the licence to my Win 8 Pro key and it activated with no problems.

Does that now mean that the 10 pro key is freed up to use on the new board. Or am I snookered.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

no1yak, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Help me choose an mATX AM2 board

I wasn't really asking for new suggestions. Would like input on the boards I listed.

GJSNeptune, Sep 29, 2019
  4. cutie188 Win User

What does Board swapped mean?

Hi,

I have just recieved my X6 back from nokia repair. The description of what was fixed seems very vauge to me all it says is board swapped. Does anyone know what this means?

cutie188, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. windows activation after board swap - Similar Threads - activation board swap

2. Re-Activation Windows after swapping MOBO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Activation Windows after swapping MOBO: How to I reactivate my windows key after swapping Motherboards? I followed all the troubleshooting steps with no resolution to issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-activation-windows-after-swapping-mobo/b0d620a3-a9a0-47ec-9079-ce06875ad54b
  3. Re-Activation Windows after swapping MOBO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Activation Windows after swapping MOBO: How to I reactivate my windows key after swapping Motherboards? I followed all the troubleshooting steps with no resolution to issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-activation-windows-after-swapping-mobo/b0d620a3-a9a0-47ec-9079-ce06875ad54b
  4. Activation Windows After change mother board

Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  5. Activation Windows After change mother board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  6. Windows activation key after motherbaord swap

Windows activation key after motherbaord swap: So yesterday I changed motherboards and now i have to reactivate windows, which i didnt really understand but now im stuck with that "activate windows" in the bottom right corner of my screen. I have to fill in the product key but i bought this pc 7 years ago and dont know...
  7. Windows activation after hardware swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after hardware swap: Switched out my motherboard. Windows claims that it isn't activated anymore. My windows key is tied to my account, which happens to be the only account on the system. Troubleshoot activation says I'm not connected to the internet. Turned off firewall to no success, then...
  8. Windows activation after motherboard swap

Windows activation after motherboard swap: I called Microsoft support to help with activating windows after I changed my motherboard. I have a digital licence that I received when upgrading from Windows 7 years ago. This had survived a previous motherboard swap a few years ago with no issue. Support told me there...
  9. Windows 10 activation after hardware swap

Windows 10 activation after hardware swap: Hello, I have recently swapped out most of my pc hardware and can no longer use my activation code and I have checked on the help pages and haven't found anything that has helped. Any suggestions?...
  10. 0x803F7001 Error After Mother Board Swap

0x803F7001 Error After Mother Board Swap: So I had to change out some PC parts and after I did so Windows said it's not activated anymore. The problem is that I don't have a key or anything because when I built this computer it had Windows 7 on it originally, and when Microsoft was forcing windows 10 upgrades it...