Windows 10: Windows Activation After Changing PC

Discus and support Windows Activation After Changing PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there,I bought a prebuilt PC with a windows 10 license approx 2018. Recently I've been upgrading my parts and have moved my W10 installation to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SourTarte, Jul 13, 2022.

1. SourTarte Win User

Windows Activation After Changing PC

Hello there,I bought a prebuilt PC with a windows 10 license approx 2018. Recently I've been upgrading my parts and have moved my W10 installation to an SSD. Before doing this I'd had to search up how to check where my windows activation key is since the unit didn't come with it, and found a solution through regedit. Wrote it down, did a system install, loaded up, and that key doesn't seem to work.Is there anything I did wrong? And if so, how can I remedy this without buying a new license since I already have one.Thanks

:)

SourTarte, Jul 13, 2022
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Windows 10 activation after a motherboard change. Ideally, if you have signed in with the same Microsoft account before
    the changes made, then as per digital licensing policy Windows 10 PC gets activated after running the activation troubleshooter.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• Did you upgrade the PC to Windows 10 or it came preinstalled with Windows 10?

• Do you have the Product key?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:

Activate Windows 10

Get help with Windows activation
    errors

We would suggest you to get in touch with our Activation team and they will help you with the issue. Please refer the article

Global Customer Service phone numbers
    to get the Customer support number as per your country or contact our
    Chat support team from the PC. Once you click on Contact support, a virtual agent will chat. Explain the issue and ask for a representative for consulting the issue.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 13, 2022
  4. Windows Activation After Changing PC

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

Windows Activation After Changing PC

1. Windows Activation After Changing PC - Similar Threads - Activation Changing

2. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...
  3. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...
  4. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working: Recently had to change my MB after a surge took the previous one out. After change I can no longer activate me copy of windows and get the code 0xC004F211 which confirmed it was a hardware change issue. I've tried the trouble shooter, wasn't able to activate and tells me to...
  5. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working: Recently had to change my MB after a surge took the previous one out. After change I can no longer activate me copy of windows and get the code 0xC004F211 which confirmed it was a hardware change issue. I've tried the trouble shooter, wasn't able to activate and tells me to...
  6. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...: Hello,I've had the worst time trying to activate Windows 11. I upgraded from Windows 10 Education to Windows 11 Education. I didn't have the Windows Education key anymore so I bought a Windows 11 Home key. It turns out you can't use a Windows 11 Home key to activate a Windows...
  8. Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...

Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...: Hello,I've had the worst time trying to activate Windows 11. I upgraded from Windows 10 Education to Windows 11 Education. I didn't have the Windows Education key anymore so I bought a Windows 11 Home key. It turns out you can't use a Windows 11 Home key to activate a Windows...
  9. How do I activate windows after changing my HDD

How do I activate windows after changing my HDD: error code 0x80072ee2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-windows-after-changing-my-hdd/b237e4d3-8254-4af2-b0a1-2b4a67569107
  10. Windows 10 activation after motherboard change.

Windows 10 activation after motherboard change.: I had to change the motherboard of my desktop due to recurrent problems in the earlier one. But I am keeping the hard disks as they are. But I am unable to activate Windows 10 Pro, which has been update to version 22H2. The prompt says that I am not connected to internet, but...