Windows 10: WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco

Discus and support WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Changed motherboards on computer using windows 10 pro Windows version was previously a windows 7 forced upgrade to windows 10. Swapped motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JMac85, Aug 4, 2019.

1. JMac85 Win User

WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco

Changed motherboards on computer using windows 10 pro

Windows version was previously a windows 7 forced upgrade to windows 10.

Swapped motherboard and followed activation instructions via virtual assistant and called support as prompted by virtual assistant.

I've worked through all the scenarios provided by virtual assistant.

The problem I'm having is with physical phone support. They've hung up on me 3 times.

When talking with phone support. I've explained to them I do not currently have a physical copy of the original windows 7 key as I have a forced upgrade to window 10 which is a digital key.

They told me to go on my Microsoft account and delete the computer that the digital key originally attached to even though its the same computer. They said it was causing a conflict with the new motherboard and would not allow installation to complete as Microsoft saw the same KEY in two different places.

Once I did this. The support member then informed me It would NOT work and I would have to buy a NEW COPY of WINDOWS 10 PRO from the online store.

This is **** as I've already purchased Windows 7 PRO and was forced by Microsoft to upgrade to windows 10 pro via linked Microsoft account. I just want windows to activate my damn already paid for Windows 10 PRO and they are telling me I need to purchase another copy because I swapped Motherboards due to a failure.

This is not right Microsoft. Honor your forced upgrades.

:)

JMac85, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco

1. WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco - Similar Threads - Activation Hardware Swap

2. activation fails after mainboard swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation fails after mainboard swap: Hi I have recently had a mainboard failure. I swapped the board out and at the same time reinstalled Win 10 and now it will not accept my Win 10 Key what can I do ?...
  3. Windows not activated after changing hardware??

Windows not activated after changing hardware??: [ATTACH]Hi, I recently changed some hardware in my computer and now it says my Windows 10 isn't activated. When I go through with the troubleshooting process to re-activate the computer I receive an error message. Stating "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again...
  4. Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade

Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade: I bought Windows 8 in 2013 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade. I no longer have access to my original Windows 8 product key. I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. when I tried to activate windows 10 it gives me an error code: 0x803F7001. My Windows 10 was linked...
  5. Windows not activated after hardware upgrade

Windows not activated after hardware upgrade: I have recently upgraded my standard PC and custom built my own. I've used the existing CPU and HDD and built it around those components. My Operating System was stored on my HDD and I have moved it to my SSD and now it is saying that I do not have Windows activated. I have...
  6. Activating Windows After Hardware Change.

Activating Windows After Hardware Change.: I've tried reactivating windows for the past three days after huge hardware updates to my pc to no avail. When i run the troubleshooter and select my device it says it cant be done at this time. I've remade admin accounts, and even tried to type in my activation ID after...
  7. windows not activating after hardware change

windows not activating after hardware change: hi I have upgraded my motherboard from msi to asus prime b450-plus and the cpu has changed from fx8350 to ryzen 2700x and now my copy of windows is not activating can you help ?...
  8. Windows Activation after hardware upgrade

Windows Activation after hardware upgrade: We have a laptop Manufacturer: LENOVO Model: 20C600HHZA Serial Number: PF040HX3 that currently running Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10586 that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. We need to replace the harddrive, is it possible to activate it again on...
  9. Windows 10 activation after swapping hardware

Windows 10 activation after swapping hardware: Hi everyone, I just upgraded my PC. New MB, CPU, HD etc. I had an activated copy Windows 10 Pro installed on my old mechanical drive. The new copy of Windows 10 Pro has the same license key, but I can't seem to activate it. When you troubleshoot and click "I've swapped...
  10. shady hardware swap

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shady hardware swap: I recently bought a Lenovo idea pad laptop. immediately after I lost the charging cord. I took laptop to a small tech shop to get a cord. the guy plugged in 3 or 4 cords announced that my chaging port was bad and tht he would change it no charge.30 minute later he was still...