Windows 10: Windows activation after Microsoft update

Discus and support Windows activation after Microsoft update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After doing the latest Microsoft update yesterday my PC now says I need to activate my Windows 10 Pro version and that my key is no longer valid when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Skippy962, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Skippy962 Win User

Windows activation after Microsoft update

After doing the latest Microsoft update yesterday my PC now says I need to activate my Windows 10 Pro version and that my key is no longer valid when I try to activate it. Please fix this issue ASAP.

:)

Skippy962, Feb 17, 2019

2. Microsoft to Revamp Activation System with Windows 9

So... Lost an account - lost everything, huh? Don't like this system much, but I can't really blame Microsoft for doing that as long as it's the most popular way of handling "protected" stuff (Steam is a "good" example).
    There are even few advantages:
    • An access to updated and "personalized" ISOs (for example, purchasing Windows 8 will give you Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Update when they come out). No need to struggle with Windows ADK anymore.
    • Easy way of "unbinding" your license if you don't need it on your current (running) system and wish to install it on another machine.

Constantine Yevseyev, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Windows activation after Microsoft update [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Feb 17, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows activation after Microsoft update - Similar Threads - activation Microsoft update

2. Windows activation after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation after bios update: After updating the bios, im unable to activate windows 11, which was already activated. You're telling me I can't update the bios without windows freaking out. I paid for this product and now the only thing the troubleshooter is telling me to do is to just buy another product...
  3. Activation after updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after updating Windows 10: I purchased a Dell with Windows preinstalled. I just updated and not get a notice to activate Windows. I'm signed in with my Microsoft account but it doesn't recognize that Windows is licensed? I don't have key since it was preinstalled at purchase. How do I resolved this?...
  4. Activation gone after updating windows update

Activation gone after updating windows update: I got the home licencing one use only i activated the OS build to 1909 after that my home edition windows doesnt working giving me the error 0x80004005 Please help me to reactivate my home edition on PC...
  5. Window 10 activation after update.

Window 10 activation after update.: I updated my window 10 using windows update but now i'm facing a windows activation problem. error code:0x80004005. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-activation-after-update/eb190b7d-66ca-40ee-913f-c47cab61e5e7
  6. Activate Windows watermark after update

Activate Windows watermark after update: Did a Windows 10 Home update yesterday. Now have Activate Windows watermark. It came pre-installed with the PC and was upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.914) Looked online, tried a couple of things nothing worked, then the watermark disappeared but...
  7. activate windows after update in windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activate windows after update in windows10: cannot activate window in version 10 after an update. error code 0xc04c03 and there has been no hardware change or anything ? It was on a work ? for a very short time and when I set up usurer's I used a diff. name/account and it removed everything. but I've got back in and...
  8. AFTER UPDATE WINDOW BECOME NOT ACTIVE

AFTER UPDATE WINDOW BECOME NOT ACTIVE: Hello Plz Help me out!!! After update Window 10 there are some problem I am facing . . . 1. My window require activation. ( Showing Window Is not Activated). but when I brought this pc it is pre installed) 2. No file and photo is open after update neither another app is...
  9. windows 10 not activate after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 not activate after updates: i updated my windows 10 to latest version of windows 10 but latest version not activate in my pc how to solve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-activate-after-updates/05ef8552-0f75-4d22-a44a-58344ed0ea50
  10. Activate windows watermark after update

Activate windows watermark after update: Hi everyone! So I have a genuine copy of windows (originally 7) upgraded to 10. Today I had an update (my windows is set to update regularly) and out of nowhere, I got an "activate windows" watermark. I tried to re-activate using my number but it says it "didn't work". any...