Windows 10: Windows Activation after mobo change

Discus and support Windows Activation after mobo change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have a legitimate version of Windows that I got many years ago as Windows 7. I have since upgraded this to Windows 10 and no longer have the CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LukeOllerhead, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Windows Activation after mobo change

Hi I have a legitimate version of Windows that I got many years ago as Windows 7. I have since upgraded this to Windows 10 and no longer have the CD with my product key stated on it - as I assumed my license was tied to my digital account.

I have recently upgraded my mobo and cpu and Windows is no longer activated - watermark in bottom right.

In the activation settings I get error code 0xC004C003 and when I troubleshoot the activation, I get:

"We cant activate your copy of Windows. Make sure youre connected to the internet and try again. If youre connected to the internet and continue seeing this problem, contact your system administrator for more information."

I am the system administrator according to the account user settings which is linked to my long-time outlook account.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke.

:)

LukeOllerhead, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Chris[L] Win User

Can not activate windows 10 after replacing MOBO

Can't get my windows 10 to activate. Had a windows 7 then upgraded to 10 prior to changing the MOBO. Was wondering what I can do and yes I did all the steps and no I did not have my account linked. Could someone please help

Chris[L], Dec 23, 2018
  3. antonrr90 Win User
    Windows 10 pro re-activation after the cpu and mobo change

I'm going to be going through something similar, do you have a link to the step-by-step for deactivating the OS and reactivating it on the upgraded device? And all I am changing is the Mobo, CPU and memory, the original boot drive is still going to be
    used. Do you recommend a fresh install, or can I still boot from the drive as it is after the upgrade? Windows used to just recognize the change in the system, but not sure how it does this now days. Thanks.

antonrr90, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Windows Activation after mobo change

Windows 10 pro re-activation after the cpu and mobo change

Hi,

For reactivating your Windows 10 after a hardware change, you can follow the steps provided on this
    article.

Let us know the outcome.

Gerardo Aqu, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows Activation after mobo change

1. Windows Activation after mobo change - Similar Threads - Activation mobo change

2. Activation error after MOBO CPU change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation error after MOBO CPU change: Been using this key since 2015, changed the mobo a couple times already. Never had a problem. This week I finally got a new CPU and a new mobo and have an issue activating Windows 11 Pro: Error 0xC004C060HelpATTTiago Gass...
  3. Windows won't activate after MoBo change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't activate after MoBo change: I need to reactivate Windows after I changed MoBo and CPU. I get the below message when trying the troubleshooter. Please help as I should not need to buy another license when it was fine prior to the change....
  4. Windows won't activate after MoBo change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't activate after MoBo change: I need to reactivate Windows after I changed MoBo and CPU. I get the below message when trying the troubleshooter. Please help as I should not need to buy another license when it was fine prior to the change....
  5. Windows won't activate after MoBo change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. windows cant activate after changing MOBO

windows cant activate after changing MOBO: my motherboard got defeated. then installed a new one after that windows got deactivated. how to activate my windows 10 key again in the new mobo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-activate-after-changing-mobo/68a86887-aa6a-4f51-81f7-ae75c035495e
  7. Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.

Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.: Mobo died, I changed out the mobo, now Windows 10 will not activate. I've tried following the activation tutorial with the bot. As I purchased Windows 10 online I do not have an activation code. I was able to recover my installation ID but the bot will not recognize it....
  8. Windows 10 activation after mobo change

Windows 10 activation after mobo change: Hi! I recently change my mobo and since then naturally windows is telling me to activate. mobo was completely bricked I do have my product license key and have tried entering it, tried running troubleshooting50+ times probably by now I have when i enter the license key i...
  9. Windows activation after mobo and cpu change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows activation after mobo and cpu change: Hello, I've recently replaced my mobo and cpu and now my Windows 10 is not activated. Before the hardware upgrade I'd checked the activation was linked to my Windows account and I'm signed in on that same account post-upgrade but the troubleshooter isn't working. When I...
  10. Re-Activation of windows after mobo change

Re-Activation of windows after mobo change: So I changed my mobo and cpu, before I connected the licence for windows 10 pro to my Microsoft account, but now it says that im already logged in and can't recover my licence...