Windows 10: Windows activation after motherboard change

Discus and support Windows activation after motherboard change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, I replaced my motherboard and CPU however I'm using the same hard drives with my original windows install. I am getting the message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LeonardMorton, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Windows activation after motherboard change

Hello all,

I replaced my motherboard and CPU however I'm using the same hard drives with my original windows install. I am getting the message that my windows need to be activated again. any way to fix. I am unable to go to my old motherboard. I'm running Windows 10 pro. Thanks in advance

:)

LeonardMorton, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Graf Dyon Win User

Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Windows activation after motherboard change

Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows activation after motherboard change

1. Windows activation after motherboard change - Similar Threads - activation motherboard change

2. Activating Windows after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows after changing motherboard: I recently upgraded my motherboard, and after doing that windows is asking me to activate windows, When I give my key it asks to upgrade my edition of Windows I hit yes and I get another prompt "Unable to upgrade your edition We cant activate windows on this device because...
  3. Activate Windows after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate Windows after changing motherboard: I have recently changed my motherboard and unfortunately have the dreaded "Activate Windows" watermark at the bottom right of my screen at all times. I have gone to the settings and tried to log in through the troubleshooter by saying "my hardware has changed" however it...
  4. Windows not activated after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not activated after motherboard change: i recently broke my motherboard cpu socket pins so i had to change the motherboard without notice. My windows activation was through a digital license attached to the motherboard and not my microsoft account. How do i get windows activated now?...
  5. Activate Windows After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows After Motherboard Change: I upgraded my wife’s PC with a new motherboard and CPU. Now it says I have to activate Windows. I followed the instructions for a hardware change and it wouldn’t complete. After putting in her email address and password it asked for the password a second time. When I put in...
  6. activation of windows after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation of windows after motherboard change: Hello, recently I have changed my motherboard, and I am unable to activate windows again. I tried to troubleshoot but after I pick the device to activate windows on, it just says: "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later". Any idea what can i do?...
  7. Activating Windows after Changing Motherboards

Activating Windows after Changing Motherboards: Hello everyone. So I recently replaced my Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 motherboard with an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F gaming motherboard and I've been trying to activate Windows 10. I got Windows 10 on this PC as a free upgrade from Windows 8 during the upgrade period. When I click on...
  8. windows activation after motherboard change

windows activation after motherboard change: i changed my motherboard and im trying to activate my windows but i get the message ''We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.'' that message i get after i ve tried to activate my windows through my Microsoft count that i have linked in my pc i run...
  9. Activation After changing motherboard

Activation After changing motherboard: Hi So I just changed motherboards and my license isn't activating. I have tried using my microsoft account to sign in and activate the license with no luck. Please let me know if there is a way I can reset the license as its rather annoying that I got the license and...
  10. Activation after motherboard change.

Activation after motherboard change.: I have three computers running Windows 10 in the house. I have just replaced the motherboard in my desktop and now it says it needs activation. I have not replaced the hard disks so it is exactly the same version of windows 10 that has run fine since doing a free upgrade from...