Windows 10: windows activation after new hard disk installation

Discus and support windows activation after new hard disk installation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i had replaced and installed a new hard disk after the old one crashed, now there appears to be a message after logging in the system " ypur windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rajatsharmadr, Sep 11, 2020.

1. windows activation after new hard disk installation

i had replaced and installed a new hard disk after the old one crashed, now there appears to be a message after logging in the system " ypur windows licence will expire soon". i had downloaded a copy from microsoft and had subsequently logged into the microsoft account so that it could be synced, authenticated. i had done this in february of 2020 now there appears to be something wrong. i had windows 8 in the pc but was upgraded to windows 10 home, but i had installed windows 10 pro. kindly suggest some remedy, regards.

:)

rajatsharmadr, Sep 11, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Install Windows 10 on new hard drive.

Hi Arzlo,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Please be informed that you cannot install the activated Windows 10 on to the new hard disk.

If you are replacing the hard disk then you may get Windows 10 activation errors.

If you are purchasing a new hard disk then, you may have to install genuine Windows 7 (SP1)/8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10 to get Windows 10 activated.

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 Q&A.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ppud=4

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 11, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

windows activation after new hard disk installation

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

windows activation after new hard disk installation

1. windows activation after new hard disk installation - Similar Threads - activation hard disk

2. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  3. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  4. activate my genuis windows on a new hard disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activate my genuis windows on a new hard disk: i need some body to talk a live https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-my-genuis-windows-on-a-new-hard-disk/51cd87d1-4dde-4782-8c34-767c7bcd3989
  5. Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change

Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change: Today I got my hard disk changed and cannot activate Windows 10 after that. I get the error code 0xC004F213 although my device is seemingly connected to my Microsoft account. I tried to re-enter the product key but the key on the CD I got from the retailer doesn't work - it...
  6. Trouble Activating Windows After New Hard Drive Installation

Trouble Activating Windows After New Hard Drive Installation: I recently installed a new Hard Drive in my Dell Latitude E6540. After Installing Windows I was prompted to activate, and went through the process of running troubleshoot, and 'I changed hardware on this device recently.' The device options do not include the device I'm...
  7. window activation after hard disk change

window activation after hard disk change: i have just recently upgraded to SSD fro HDD and my and the service provider has install window 10 pro Not activated but i have digital license for window 10 home.So now window is not activated. how can i downgrade my window pro ta home...
  8. Activating Win 10 on new hard disk

Activating Win 10 on new hard disk: Hi, So I have a laptop purchased 5 yrs ago that came with Win 8. I upgraded it to Win 10. The digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. My HDD is failing now, so I'll be buying a new SSD and would like to install the Windows on it. How can I proceed to install...
  9. Activating Windows on a new Hard Drive Disk

Activating Windows on a new Hard Drive Disk: Recently, my computer stopped booting and I found out the HDD was busted. I got a new (blank) one and I'm gonna be installing win10 on it, but I'm worried about activating it. Will I have to buy it? I doubt I can find my original key (my computer came with windows on it from...
  10. Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.: A few weeks ago, I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a Windows 10 Recovery disk and used it to do a clean install of my W10 upgraded installation on my desktop. It went well. Now I find I would like to put W10 on my Win 7 Acer laptop and plan to remove the...