Windows 10: Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer

Discus and support Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to gift my current PC to my son as I have just bought a new PC. The current PC is Windows 10 Pro and activation says "Windows is activated with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PhilReynolds5, May 14, 2022.

1. Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer

I want to gift my current PC to my son as I have just bought a new PC. The current PC is Windows 10 Pro and activation says "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account". I am going to reinstall windows afresh using a USB created using the MediaCreationTool from Microsoft. How do I ensue that on doing the reinstall, the Windows activation is done without me having to log into my Microsoft account. In effect, how do I give my digital licence to my son but staying on the same PC?

:)

PhilReynolds5, May 14, 2022

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 14, 2022
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 14, 2022
  4. Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer

1. Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer - Similar Threads - Activation reinstall same

2. Window is not activated after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window is not activated after reinstallation.: Hi there, My laptop was working very slow so I did install SSD in my laptop and reinstall window 10. but, I am unable to activate my window and MS office. I did the following thing but still getting same issue.troubleshoot Login with Microsoft id.update windowreinstall window...
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 with same activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 with same activation key: I have on computer a Windows 10 Pro version 1607. I want to update it to 21h2. Since I cannot update it to latest version via Windows Update, I have to reinstall the operating system. The current Windows 10 was installed through an upgrade from Windows 7, it's activated, but...
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 with same activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 with same activation key: I have on computer a Windows 10 Pro version 1607. I want to update it to 21h2. Since I cannot update it to latest version via Windows Update, I have to reinstall the operating system. The current Windows 10 was installed through an upgrade from Windows 7, it's activated, but...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 with same activation key

6. Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer

Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer: I want to gift my current PC to my son as I have just bought a new PC. The current PC is Windows 10 Pro and activation says "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account". I am going to reinstall windows afresh using a USB created using the...
  7. Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer

Windows Activation after reinstall on same computer: I want to gift my current PC to my son as I have just bought a new PC. The current PC is Windows 10 Pro and activation says "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account". I am going to reinstall windows afresh using a USB created using the...
  8. Window Activation after reinstall

Window Activation after reinstall: I have hp laptop with preinstalled window 10 home single language and i format the disk and reinstall window 10 pro which not activated from the key of window 10 home came along in build with bios. I have downloaded window 10 from Microsoft and window 10 insider too which...
  9. Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10: I did a clean install on my laptop by going into advanced startup and choosing one of the options to remove everything from the drive. When it finished it brought me to a Hi There screen that asked for my country, language, and time zone. When I click next it says there's a...
  10. Reinstalled Windows 10 on same computer/ no hardware changes and I can't activate

Reinstalled Windows 10 on same computer/ no hardware changes and I can't activate: I installed a clean copy of windows 10 on my homemade computer. But as it was going through its updates I had a problem and had to reinstall the OS. Now the activation key doesn't work and troubleshooting is no use either...