Windows 10: Windows Activation after reset, not knowing what version I had, etc.

Discus and support Windows Activation after reset, not knowing what version I had, etc. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys! Small problem here! TLDR: I have a windows pc, was fine, downgraded to windows 10 due to issues taking an exam, I now installed a custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mlwmlw, Jun 23, 2024.

1. mlwmlw Win User

Windows Activation after reset, not knowing what version I had, etc.

Hey guys! Small problem here! TLDR: I have a windows pc, was fine, downgraded to windows 10 due to issues taking an exam, I now installed a custom image of windows 11 pro but can't activate it! How can I make sure if its the wrong version of windows, or if it could be my black list based dns sinkhold blocking activation? Can I just connect straight to the outside internet to get it activated? Can I use the number on the bottom or something? It doesn't say it's a Microsoft product key, but there's tons of numbers on the bottom. Even better if they can tell me if it's windows 11 pro! Th

:)

mlwmlw, Jun 23, 2024
  2. groze Win User

Build 10240 - Any expiry on ACTIVATED versions??

I was going to do that for my benefit because of the way I have my partitions setup and to be legal with the EULA that isn't a step by step instruction. Right now I am waiting to see if build 10240 is actually the release build and yes I know at lot of people don't believe 10240 is the release version. I still may need to do that if build 10240 is not the release version.

groze, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 23, 2024
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows Activation after reset, not knowing what version I had, etc. - Similar Threads - Activation reset knowing

2. Windows Activation after reset, not knowing what version I had, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation after reset, not knowing what version I had, etc.: Hey guys! Small problem here! TLDR: I have a windows pc, was fine, downgraded to windows 10 due to issues taking an exam, I now installed a custom image of windows 11 pro but can't activate it! How can I make sure if its the wrong version of windows, or if it could be my...
  3. i had new laptop with windows 11 activated version,when i make hard reset in laptop service...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i had new laptop with windows 11 activated version,when i make hard reset in laptop service...: please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-new-laptop-with-windows-11-activated/32f4883d-e362-4bd6-9ed2-7d83e3b07403
  4. i had new laptop with windows 11 activated version,when i make hard reset in laptop service...

i had new laptop with windows 11 activated version,when i make hard reset in laptop service...: please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-new-laptop-with-windows-11-activated/32f4883d-e362-4bd6-9ed2-7d83e3b07403
  5. On a windows 11 PC I had activated, what happens to the windows 11 license if I reset the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On a windows 11 PC I had activated, what happens to the windows 11 license if I reset the...: I have a couple of computers I bought and setup. If I reset them back to factory using the built in reset function, what happens to the windows 11 license if I give the computer to someone else and then they setup again?...
  6. On a windows 11 PC I had activated, what happens to the windows 11 license if I reset the...

On a windows 11 PC I had activated, what happens to the windows 11 license if I reset the...: I have a couple of computers I bought and setup. If I reset them back to factory using the built in reset function, what happens to the windows 11 license if I give the computer to someone else and then they setup again?...
  7. Windows Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after reset: Hello,I did a windows reset after bios problems on my Lenovo. I used a recovery disk from another laptop.After reset, windows cannot activate automatically. I don't have the original windows key as it is the version that came with the computer when i bought it.Thank you...
  8. Is there a way to know what version of windows 10 was activated on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to know what version of windows 10 was activated on my PC: I was given a computer from a relative that he bought in 2008 that was top of the line then and still is good enough for my kids to do school on now. It had Windows 10 installed on it, but it had a password so I thought I'd just reinstall a fresh copy of Windows anyway and...
  9. What do I need to know before resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do I need to know before resetting?: My W10 is running very slow. I tried all official suggestions and suggestions in threads that did not fix it. A reset seems to be my last option. Do I need to have an activation code and do I need installation media? Is there anything else I need to know that I'm not asking?...
  10. I had an terrible virus, therefore i had to reset the pc. After reset, whenever I try to...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I had an terrible virus, therefore i had to reset the pc. After reset, whenever I try to...: I had a terrible virus, therefore I had to reset the PC. After reset, whenever I try to sign-in in store or Xbox, I get an error: 0x80070781. Something went wrong. Answer it ASAP....