Windows 10: Windows Activation After Reverting Hardware

Discus and support Windows Activation After Reverting Hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently moved my boot disk to a new computer, without knowing I had to link my Windows 10 Pro installation to a Microsoft account first. I switched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RyanMoriarty1, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Windows Activation After Reverting Hardware

I recently moved my boot disk to a new computer, without knowing I had to link my Windows 10 Pro installation to a Microsoft account first. I switched it back to the original computer and now it says Windows can't activate on the old hardware either. This was originally a free digital upgrade, so I don't have a product key. My computer is set up the way it has been for years now, but I can't get it to recognize Windows as activated. How can I get my Windows installation linked to my MS account?

:)

RyanMoriarty1, Dec 5, 2020

2. activating windows 10 after hardware upgrade

hi

trying to activate windows 10 after hardware update but it keeps saying no

i followed the troubleshooter steps but something goes wrong and it just says oops try again later...

any suggestions?

Thanks

tristonhampson, Dec 5, 2020
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Windows Activation After Reverting Hardware [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Windows Activation After Reverting Hardware [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Activation After Reverting Hardware

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Activation After Reverting Hardware

1. Windows Activation After Reverting Hardware - Similar Threads - Activation Reverting Hardware

2. Windows activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after hardware change: I changed my motherboard and now I cannot activate windows. I had set up a digital license with my Microsoft account in preparation for the motherboard change. After getting the new motherboard up and running I attempted to activate Windows. I went through the steps in the...
  3. Activating Windows after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows after changing hardware: Can't activate Windows after changing hardwareError code: 0xC004F213Problem: The computer was stolen due to the occupation of the Kyiv region from the 24th. They made headquarters out of my apartment.Just now managed to assemble a newBut the system does not want to activate...
  4. Activating Windows after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows after changing hardware: Can't activate Windows after changing hardwareError code: 0xC004F213Problem: The computer was stolen due to the occupation of the Kyiv region from the 24th. They made headquarters out of my apartment.Just now managed to assemble a newBut the system does not want to activate...
  5. Windows activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation after hardware change: My laptop came with windows 8.1 and later upgraded it to windows 10 . Recently I had upgraded my hardware by adding SSD drive with the help of a local store and ever since my windows is not genuine I tried re installing but my OEM key is not working. Please help me with this...
  6. windows activation after hardware change

windows activation after hardware change: I recently changed my hardware and after doing so it says i do not have windows activated, can anyone tell me how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-after-hardware-change/61fa7ca8-79ea-4e49-a1ef-4999a3227a1e
  7. Windows not activating after hardware change

Windows not activating after hardware change: I recently moved over to a new motherboard, but have lost my product key. Luckily it seems that my microsoft account is linked with it. I did some searching and found out I needed to use the activation troubleshooter. After the step where it asks me for which device it just...
  8. Windows activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows activation after hardware change: I recently replaced my old motherboard with a new one, not knowing i had to link my windows 10 license with my Microsoft account. I am unable to get it back, and have tried a spare key i have, but always get an error when trying to activate it - 0x80041023....
  9. Windows activation after hardware change.

Windows activation after hardware change.: Hi, so I am trying to activate windows after a hardware exchange. I acquired windows 10 with the free update few years back but now it wants a product key from me. I tried the troubleshoot button and it just says that I should be connected to the internet which I am. How do...
  10. windows not activating after hardware change

windows not activating after hardware change: Hello Internet! My name is Andrew Covington. I am a gamer that has recently gotten into the pc building world. I have a lot of experience with technology, and consider myself to be a pretty knowledgeable person in that area. Recently, I purchased a new motherboard, CPU,...