Windows 10: Windows activation after switching SSD

Discus and support Windows activation after switching SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I moved my SSD from a previous device to another device. Now I receive the error 0xC004C003.How do I activate windows ?Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SSB01, Jun 29, 2022.

1. SSB01 Win User

Windows activation after switching SSD

I moved my SSD from a previous device to another device. Now I receive the error 0xC004C003.How do I activate windows ?Thanks

:)

SSB01, Jun 29, 2022

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 29, 2022
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jun 29, 2022
  4. T Monahan Win User

Switch HDD to SSD + Add m2 2280 SSD then Activation? Or Activate then swap all the HDD/SSDs around?

Good Afternoon,

Just purchased a brand new desktop PC (it still in the box). Its preinstalled with Windows 10 Professional (awaiting activation) on the a single drive which is a 2.5" HDD. I don't' want that drive in the computer and I've purchased two new SSD's to upgrade
    the system. Once I remove the HDD, its no longer part of my equation.

Current out of the box setup:

2.5" HDD with Windows 10 Pro awaiting first startup / initiation and activation.

Where I want to go:

M.2 2280 SSD as Primary drive with Windows 10 Pro installed and activated here

2.5" SSD as secondary drive for my files/documents/data.

How do I get the preinstalled Win10Pro off the HDD, and activate it on the M2 SSD as the primary OS boot drive? Should I activate windows before making all these hardware changes? Or should I clone/reinstall Windows 10 Pro to the M.2 SSD then activate?
    Last step is adding the additional SSD for data, but that's not a priority … or is it? Add it before activation?

This is the headache I get for buying an pre-built system that wasn't originally spec'd the way I wanted. Oh well.

Do the HDD/SSD changes make a diff to the activation process? or is it all hardware encoded to the motherboard which remains unchanged?

Advice?

T Monahan, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows activation after switching SSD - Similar Threads - activation switching SSD

2. Recently switched SSD's, but Windows isn't activating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently switched SSD's, but Windows isn't activating?: I recently switched between NVME drives. I had gotten the pc ready made some time ago and to my knowledge, an OEM key was installed by the manufacturer, of Windows 11 pro. I read that only motherboard changes cause the key to not work, but to no avail. When I open up my...
  3. Recently switched SSD's, but Windows isn't activating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently switched SSD's, but Windows isn't activating?: I recently switched between NVME drives. I had gotten the pc ready made some time ago and to my knowledge, an OEM key was installed by the manufacturer, of Windows 11 pro. I read that only motherboard changes cause the key to not work, but to no avail. When I open up my...
  4. Activation error after switching to a ssd from harddrive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation error after switching to a ssd from harddrive: I have a new M.2 with windows 10 pro OS running on my computer that replaced an old harddrive with windows 10 pro as well. before switching over I checked to make sure that my activation was tied to a digital license, and when I sign into my microsoft account I can see it...
  5. Activation error after switching to a ssd from harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation error after switching to a ssd from harddrive: I have a new M.2 with windows 10 pro OS running on my computer that replaced an old harddrive with windows 10 pro as well. before switching over I checked to make sure that my activation was tied to a digital license, and when I sign into my microsoft account I can see it...
  6. Activation error after switching to a ssd from harddrive

7. Windows activation after switching SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation after switching SSD: I moved my SSD from a previous device to another device. Now I receive the error 0xC004C003.How do I activate windows ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-after-switching-ssd/16005bbe-9646-42fa-a118-71f76d4cf9a5
  8. Windows activation after switching SSD

Windows activation after switching SSD: I moved my SSD from a previous device to another device. Now I receive the error 0xC004C003.How do I activate windows ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-after-switching-ssd/16005bbe-9646-42fa-a118-71f76d4cf9a5
  9. Activating Windows After Hardware Switch

Activating Windows After Hardware Switch: Today I switched out my motherboard and processor in my PC, but when I finally got it booted windows wasn't activated. I clicked on Troubleshoot and it responds with "We were not able to activate windows on this device." I've tried typing in my Product Key in the "Change...
  10. Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.: I recently got an NVMe M.2 SSD and attempted to reinstall Windows 10 Pro on it. I put the Windows ISO into a USB and went through the install process on the SSD. Originally I accidentally installed Home but I realized the mistake and reinstalled Pro which is the version I had...