Windows 10: Windows activation and digital keys

Discus and support Windows activation and digital keys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a Lenovo Z50 laptop which originally had Win 8.1 installed I upgraded free to Win 10 but after an update maybe 2 months ago everything went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimGebbett, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Windows activation and digital keys

Hi

I have a Lenovo Z50 laptop which originally had Win 8.1 installed I upgraded free to Win 10 but after an update maybe 2 months ago everything went wrong, I had a black screen no curser, no control, no access, I had to do the three forced shutdowns to reset and now I have a message bottom right of screen saying Windows is not activated.

Since the product key is digital I have no access to it, its not even on the label on the bottom of the laptop.

How do I get the key to activate windows?

Thanks for any help

:)

TimGebbett, Jun 22, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Digital activation key

Hi Tony

You do not need a product key to re-install Windows 10, as long as you re-install the exact same Edition of Windows 10, your licence will be unaffected and Windows 10 should self-activate without any user interaction . . .

If you have already re-installed Windows 10 and you have an activation error, please check you have installed the same edition - go to Settings - System - About. Is the correct Edition of Windows 10 listed there that matches the previously installed Edition?

If you are about to re-install Windows 10:

Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will
    have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

DaveM121, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Windows activation and digital keys

How to activate the Windows after uninstalling Product key

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Based on your description, I would suggest you to check the status of the Windows activation. If you see the status on the Windows is activated, your Windows 10 is activated on your system. Since, you have upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10, the
    Windows is activated through the digital entitlement.

• Type activation on the Windows search bar.

• Select Activation and check if Windows is activated.
    Incase if you see Windows is not activated, you might have to do it by phone. Follow the below steps to activate the Windows by phone.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Run

• Type slui 4 in the box and hit Enter Key.

• Select your 'Country' from the list.

• Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

• Stay on the phone and wait for a person to help you.

• And also you can explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Visit the below link for more information on Activation in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows activation and digital keys

1. Windows activation and digital keys - Similar Threads - activation digital keys

2. digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working: hello , please i tried all ways to fix the problem from your website .. i have digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working .. please i need your support...
  3. Is Digital License Activation key legit ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Digital License Activation key legit ?: I found on the web there were lots of web sites selling these keys for under 20$ even 2$. But in Microsoft store it's over 100$.Are those keys really legitimate ?...
  4. Is Digital License Activation key legit ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Digital License Activation key legit ?: I found on the web there were lots of web sites selling these keys for under 20$ even 2$. But in Microsoft store it's over 100$.Are those keys really legitimate ?...
  5. Is Digital License Activation key legit ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore: Hey people, I came across an issue which I cant find solution to. I have been Insider user for years now and I do change laptops fairly often and since my last installation on older Dell laptop of Win 10 Pro, my digital key seem to be not working anymore. Still asks me to...
  7. Windows 10 pro activation with digital key.

Windows 10 pro activation with digital key.: So i recently upgraded my SSD and CPU in my old pc, when reinstalling windows it refused to activate windows, i tried calling support 3 times. every time i got some one that literally could barely understand. All i could understand from the last person is i needed to install...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Digital Activation Key

Transfer Windows 10 Digital Activation Key: Hello, I have recently downloaded and activated Windows 10 Version 1809 with a digital activation key. I have since found that the industrial software that I am trying to install has a requirement of Windows 10 Version 1703. If I try to install the software on Version...
  9. Digital activation key

Digital activation key: Where can I find the digital activation key? I upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 and have just had to reinstall the software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-activation-key/bdf54bcf-5912-4802-b53f-8f3c9eed6b82"
  10. Activating Windows on Another Device with Digital Key

Activating Windows on Another Device with Digital Key: Will I be able to activate windows on a new pc that I am building if my windows on my laptop was activated with a digital key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-on-another-device-with-digital/40c472ff-8afa-46e0-b715-b4593d46324d