Windows 10: Windows activation and downloading apps off the windows store.

Discus and support Windows activation and downloading apps off the windows store. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; First off, Forza Horizon 4 was crashing whenever I opened it up. I tried various fixes for it but none worked, so I ended up going to reinstall it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AmeliaHindley, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Windows activation and downloading apps off the windows store.

First off, Forza Horizon 4 was crashing whenever I opened it up. I tried various fixes for it but none worked, so I ended up going to reinstall it. However when I tried to reinstall the game from the Windows Store it said it was unable, giving the error code "0x80072F8F". After trying all the fixes I could find online for this it still did not work. At this point I decided to reset Windows to see if that helped, not only did it not fix any previous issue, I am now not able to activate my Windows 10. I don't have access to the licence key as I bought Windows 8 with the PC many years ago and upgraded to 10 pro when it was free, last year I upgraded all my hardware and also had issues activating Windows, the fix ended up with someone from Microsoft remote controlling my PC and doing something, so I know I have a valid key. Please help.

:)

AmeliaHindley, Jan 30, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jan 30, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows activation and downloading apps off the windows store.

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows activation and downloading apps off the windows store.

1. Windows activation and downloading apps off the windows store. - Similar Threads - activation downloading apps

2. Windows Store Not Downloading Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Not Downloading Apps: I am not winning.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-not-downloading-apps/cd2a2f63-f1a7-4615-a2f1-4e09657ac499
  3. Windows Store Not Downloading Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Not Downloading Apps: I am not winning.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-not-downloading-apps/cd2a2f63-f1a7-4615-a2f1-4e09657ac499
  4. Windows Store Not Downloading Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Can't download apps off the Microsoft Store

Can't download apps off the Microsoft Store: When I try and download any app it says it's trying to download and when it says "acquiring license" it stops and gives me an error code numbered 0x80070005. There's an old forum discussing this issue and I've tried everything there, from running system checks, deleting and...
  6. Can't download apps off the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download apps off the Microsoft Store: When I try and download any app it says it's trying to download and when it says "acquiring license" it stops and gives me an error code numbered 0x80070005. There's an old forum discussing this issue and I've tried everything there, from running system checks, deleting and...
  7. Can't download apps off the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows store will not download apps

Windows store will not download apps: Hi im having tons of trouble with windows after installing a new motherboard. Windows would not activate with my old key at all, so I bought a new one spent an hour last night on the phone with MS trying to activate my new product key and finally did. Problem today is I cant...
  9. Can't download off the Microsoft app store.

Can't download off the Microsoft app store.: On the microsoft store I bought Forza Horizon 4, downloaded it and played it for a month or so. Three days ago I go to play it and I it doesn't load. I just kept getting the Mclaren Senna loading screen after you open the game where you press Enter to start the game. It kept...
  10. Not downloading apps in Windows Store

Not downloading apps in Windows Store: I wanted to get the adblock extension on Edge through the MS store but this appeared (see the picture below). And yes I tried logged in with a microsoft account too and the same thing appears. Honestly I don't know what to do. I tried clearing the cache and reseting the store...