Windows 10: Windows Activation bar in the bottom right

Discus and support Windows Activation bar in the bottom right in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I bought this laptop on Facebook marketplace two years ago and it came with Windows 10 preinstalled with an activation key and ID already in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 6YDM, Apr 2, 2021.

1. 6YDM Win User

Windows Activation bar in the bottom right

So I bought this laptop on Facebook marketplace two years ago and it came with Windows 10 preinstalled with an activation key and ID already in the system, but when I went to create my own Microsoft account as the user account literally 3 months passed and I started getting the "Activate Windows" bar in the bottom right.

Now I can't personalize my PC due to this and even though I have the codes in my system settings it's still telling me it has trouble activating my Windows Pro 10. When I go to Settings - Update & Security - Activation underneath what's supposed to be my product key its filled with all Xs except the last 4 keys I get a message in red saying "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server"

With the error code 0xC004F074

Troubleshoot doesn't help, that goddamn robot tells me it's signing me in or it's connecting me to a real live person to talk to and I wait an hour and more and nothing happens, I don't get to sign in and it doesn't connect me to a live person.

I'm at my wit's end, I'm not going to buy windows 10 because there's no point. I already have it, Microsoft needs to do a better job with license transfers and system optimization, this is ridiculous! in my Microsoft account I see my laptop is registered as my device, it even tells me I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 2009.

If someone could help me figure this out as Microsoft didn't, that'd be a great help thank you

:)

6YDM, Apr 2, 2021

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Roan T Win User
    Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Windows Activation bar in the bottom right

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows Activation bar in the bottom right

1. Windows Activation bar in the bottom right - Similar Threads - Activation bar bottom

2. Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display.: Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display. Problem arose when when I purchased and installed MS office, two days ago. In settings-activate windows appears error code 0x80070002. Windows 10 was legally purchased few years ago already installed with...
  3. Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display.: Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display. Problem arose when when I purchased and installed MS office, two days ago. In settings-activate windows appears error code 0x80070002. Windows 10 was legally purchased few years ago already installed with...
  4. Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stupid activation error in my bottom right screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stupid activation error in my bottom right screen: I keep trying to activate my windows but it keeps sending me an error, even when I try to troubleshoot and when I try to follow directions to fix it it wont work EITHER. So PLEASE help me out here....
  6. task bar right bottom is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task bar right bottom is not working: in task bar right bottom no icon is working as well as in settings also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-right-bottom-is-not-working/11d9fdf2-eddc-48ab-94a0-5a9474bd351e
  7. Saying Activate Windows in bottom right hand corner.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Saying Activate Windows in bottom right hand corner.: I have recently had to change my motherboard on my pc and windows and today when I logged onto my pc I had to use my windows password rather than my pin for my pc. It is also now saying activate windows in the corner of my screen even though I had a licence for windows and it...
  8. Lost Windows activation overnight - "Activate Windows" text in the right bottom corner of...

Lost Windows activation overnight - "Activate Windows" text in the right bottom corner of...: I have now owned this computer for about 2 years. I have always had Windows 10 Pro activated on the PC, but for some reason today when I wanted to login and play some games, a text in the right bottom corner of my screen says "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate...
  9. task bar on right side, not bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar on right side, not bottom of screen: OK, recent "upgrades" moved the task bar to the side. Tried to get used to it, but requires more clicks, is a hassle for me. Called MS support, agent came onto my computer, put task bar back to bottom. Tried to follow what he did, could not duplicate. I said, will it stay...
  10. "Activate Windows" Error message on bottom right of screen

"Activate Windows" Error message on bottom right of screen: I have purchased a new Lenovo computer a while back with a preinstalled windows 10 home (I do have the key). Its been working perfectly fine until a few days ago when on bottom left there is the windows watermark "Activate windows". When i go to settings it gives me error...