Windows 10: Windows activation c drive wiped

Discus and support Windows activation c drive wiped in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I wiped my c drive and reinstalled windows now i don't have an activated windows, on my account when i go to recover the key it says i already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanHQ, Aug 18, 2020.

1. DanHQ Win User

Windows activation c drive wiped

I wiped my c drive and reinstalled windows now i don't have an activated windows, on my account when i go to recover the key it says i already reactivated the key but i never did.

I orignally bought a prebuilt refurbished dell optiplex 3010 and the only thing from that in my PC is the HDD and i changed everything else and also have an SSD, i use my ssd as the c drive after i stupidly cloned everything from my hdd to my ssd it still worked fine but c drive was now my boot which is what i wanted.

Yesterday i wanted too wip emy c drive and start over so i got an external HDD plugged it in, installed the windows creation media to it windows10 64 bit ISO and booted up into the drive and selected that i wanted too install it to my ssd but my ssd said it was MBR not GPT so i wiped it and formatted it to GPT and installed UEFI windows to it, i boot up fine go through the set up and when i get too the actual user interface desktop i try too change my taskbar location and it tells me i need to activate windows when it was.

I go to my account and click reactivate and it tells me that the key has already been reactivated before when i never have reactivated it, i've been stuck here for 2 days now and i just want my windows activated, i've already lost a bunch of files and have loads of client work to do but i can't. Please help.

:)

DanHQ, Aug 18, 2020

2. Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 18, 2020
  3. little cat, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Windows activation c drive wiped

How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows activation c drive wiped

1. Windows activation c drive wiped - Similar Threads - activation drive wiped

2. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed: Recently my work computer had its C drive wiped because of a poor setup and no where to find the administrator key or encryption. Was decided that a full clean harddrive was the way to go. Unfortunately, this has made the computer unusable and apparently has no OS? I've tried...
  3. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed: Recently my work computer had its C drive wiped because of a poor setup and no where to find the administrator key or encryption. Was decided that a full clean harddrive was the way to go. Unfortunately, this has made the computer unusable and apparently has no OS? I've tried...
  4. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 C drive wiped: Good afternoon everyone, Yesterday when I got home from work my computer was off and upon turning it on it went through the set up for a new user profile. All of my old C drive files were gone. My old user account was gone and a new useradministrator account that i did not...
  6. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 C drive wiped: Good afternoon everyone, Yesterday when I got home from work my computer was off and upon turning it on it went through the set up for a new user profile. All of my old C drive files were gone. My old user account was gone and a new useradministrator account that i did not...
  7. Windows 10 C drive wiped

8. Windows hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hard drive wipe: When you do a full reset of the hard drive using windows, does the harder get overwritten? Im going to sell my laptop, and I want to make sure the hard drive is overwritten so previous data cant be accessed. Thanks submitted by /u/Feyusa [link] [comments]...
  9. Not active windows 10 wipe!

Not active windows 10 wipe!: So i wanted to wipe/restart my PC (like it would be new), but i had a problem which deactivated my windows, If i want to reboot my pc and i have unactivated windows will everything work fine??...
  10. How to Wipe Only C drive and resintall OS?

How to Wipe Only C drive and resintall OS?: Hi, my laptop became a bit slow and explorer crashes often. So, to clean install, I am guessing "Reset this PC" should work. There are 2 options "Keep my files" and "remove everything". I have partitioned the hard drive space it to 4 local disks and installed windows 10 on C...