Windows 10: windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade

Discus and support windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've had this digital license of windows for about 7 years, upgrading from W7 to W10 from the free upgrade month, as the license came with the tower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 8bit shadow, Jul 31, 2019.

1. windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade

I've had this digital license of windows for about 7 years, upgrading from W7 to W10 from the free upgrade month, as the license came with the tower when I purchased it (hence why it's a retail channel).

As this tower was down for almost a year it had to preform several cumulative windows updates (from V1802 to the current V1803) after upgrading it with a new motherboard, CPU and GPU.

I tried running the troubleshooter and using "I changed hardware on this device recently" but after selecting my old motherboard device and hitting activate all I get is the "Unable to activate windows" message.

I then tried running slmgr.vbs /ato in elevated CMD (hoping that's why i was getting 0xC004F025) but all i got was:

windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade e44befa9-98cd-4038-bcff-2dbf56503d1c?upload=true.png

The error text did not provide anything that looked remotely useful or interesting.

Was thinking of rearming the key, but I doubt it'll do anything and want to see if there's anyway I can get this working again before I start messing around too much.

Not sure what else to try at this point. slmgr.vbs /dlv shows this:

windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade 1506d159-7fa1-4074-ba17-d5959942f816?upload=true.png

:)

8bit shadow, Jul 31, 2019
  2. mshimala Win User

Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 31, 2019
  4. windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade

Error Reactivating Windows 10 Pro Retail After Change New Motherboard

Hi, somebody can help me,

today i've change (upgrade) my motherboard, i've removed my product key from my old motherboard

and when i try to activate to my new motherboard, it said error with 0xC004F025 code

i have linked to with my account and it still no working,

please help me...

GunturYasser, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade

1. windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade - Similar Threads - activation error 0xC004F025

2. Error 0xC004F025 after hardware change, cant activate windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 0xC004F025 after hardware change, cant activate windows.: As the title stated, i cant activate my windows. i tried the troubleshooter but it didnt help, what should i do? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0xc004f025-after-hardware-change-cant/5c389815-2127-4b6f-beb1-72b426d3eab1"
  3. windows 10 activation error 0xC004F025

windows 10 activation error 0xC004F025: I changed my laptops motherboard and SSD after that I cant activate the windows with the error 0xC004F025. I also troubleshoot to fix the problem but wont work....
  4. 0xC004F025 Windows 10 Activation Error

0xC004F025 Windows 10 Activation Error: Hello, I just Upgraded some Hardware and now my Windows License will not activate with the Error Code 0xC004F025. The Troubleshooter did not help ether and the " I recently changed Hardware on this Device" option was Fruitless as well. It is not an OEM license, i already...
  5. Windows activation error | Error code : 0xC004F025

Windows activation error | Error code : 0xC004F025: Hi, I changed my laptop, but the hard disk is same. The old OS is working absolutely fine on new laptop but there is an activation error. What to do?...
  6. Activation error code 0xC004F025 after change of motherboard

Activation error code 0xC004F025 after change of motherboard: I have windows 10 version 1803 with digital licence through free upgrade from win 7 I replaced a broken motherboard with an identical new model can't activate - error code 0xC004F025 went step by step through activation/troubleshoot - after a few trys [server not...
  7. 0xC004F025 Error Windows 10 Pro Activation

0xC004F025 Error Windows 10 Pro Activation: I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 Home. On Saturday, September 28, 2019 I purchased Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. I downloaded the upgrade, installed it, and it was working fine. Now I'm am getting a message to activate Windows. I did not receive an email...
  8. Upgraded Motherboard, now getting error 0xC004F025 when trying to activate

Upgraded Motherboard, now getting error 0xC004F025 when trying to activate: I do not have a key, but a digital license. I went through the troubleshooter and it just fails with no stated reason. I've been on the phone talking to the activation team who refused to help, and have been trying to get SOMEBODY to help without immediately telling me to...
  9. Windows activation after hardware change error code 0XC004F025

Windows activation after hardware change error code 0XC004F025: I built a new PC and put my HDD from my previous computer in which contained my copy of Windows 10 Home. Here's the info from slmgr.vbs /dlv [ATTACH] I've tried running the troubleshooter in the activation section in Settings but once I click on the option "I have...
  10. Error 0xc004f025 when re-activating Windows after motherboard/CPU replacement

Error 0xc004f025 when re-activating Windows after motherboard/CPU replacement: I have a digital license, and was unable to extract a product key because the reason I replaced my motherboard/CPU is due to the original one dying unexpectedly. When using the troubleshooter I click the link for "I changed hardware on this device recently. I pick the same...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc004f025

2. cmd for get activation code of motherboard

3. windows digital activation after upgrading motherboard

4. error 0xc004f025,
  5. 0xc004f025 after upgrading from windows 10 home to pro,
  6. 0xc004f025 windows 10 activation error,
  7. c004f025,
  8. 0xc004f025 activation,
  9. windows 10 activacion error 0xc004f025,
  10. 0xc004f025 windows 10