Windows 10: Windows Activation Error after major Windows update???

Discus and support Windows Activation Error after major Windows update??? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchsed my HP Omen laptop preloaded with Windows 10. All was well until a major update several months ago. Since then, there's been a message at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Laduv23, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Laduv23 Win User

Windows Activation Error after major Windows update???

I purchsed my HP Omen laptop preloaded with Windows 10.

All was well until a major update several months ago. Since then, there's been a message at the bottom of my screen "Activate Windows. Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I got side tracked with moving and ultimately learned to ignore the message (haha). However, now I'm trying to fix it and keep running into issue after issue. When I open the Activation window there is a message telling me that "We can't activate Windows because you do not have a valid digital license or product key. If you do think that you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012"

However, when I click "Troubleshoot", I recieve another error that the action could not be completed because the PC is not connected to the internet....except I'm very much connected.

I thought I had a "a-ha!" moment with the original box containing the product key, but no such luck. Turns out that the "product ID" is not the right one according the cmd.exe.

I can't find the information anywhere! Any ideas?

:)

Laduv23, Dec 1, 2018

2. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows Activation Error after major Windows update??? :)

Thermopylae_480, Dec 1, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 1, 2018
  4. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Activation Error after major Windows update??? - Similar Threads - Activation Error major

2. Activate Windows after a major hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows after a major hardware change: I recently had a hardware failure on my machine. After repairs and reinstalling windows I cannot complete activation.This copy of windows was purchased from the microsoft store a few months ago. I used the key from the original installation, but it is obviously tied to the...
  3. Activate Windows after a major hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after a major hardware change: I recently had a hardware failure on my machine. After repairs and reinstalling windows I cannot complete activation.This copy of windows was purchased from the microsoft store a few months ago. I used the key from the original installation, but it is obviously tied to the...
  4. Windows Activation Errors After Major upgrades

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Errors After Major upgrades: Hello, I am A Windows user for a very long time. I decided to upgrade my pc's motherboard, ram and storage. But when i did that my windows got deactivated Even though i linked my lisense to my account before clean installing windows. When I logged in with my account it is not...
  5. Windows activation after major hardware changes

Windows activation after major hardware changes: I recently upgraded my system from ddr3 to ddr4 cpu motherboard and ram. And now i cant activate windows on this machine even thought i had windows 10 pro on my old rig. I ran the trouble shooter and it says hardware change error 0xc004f211. I saw in the troubleshooter...
  6. Windows 10 Activation after a major hardware change.

Windows 10 Activation after a major hardware change.: I had a motherboard failure, requiring a replacement and a new CPU in my Desktop computer. It took a stressful 5 hours to re-activate Windows 10, trying every possible option offered. Hopefully I can save others this unpleasant experience and enable a shortcut to the...
  7. Windows not activation after a major HW change

Windows not activation after a major HW change: Hi , I had a completely activated windows with all features. I upgraded my MB and Cpu and now nothing wants to activate. I Also don't understand how I didn't receive a digital license. I have all my info for my previous activation i.e. product ID, CD key,registered owner...
  8. Activating windows after major hardware change

Activating windows after major hardware change: I just assembled a new pc and I'm reusing the hard drive which has windows 10 already installed on it. This was upgraded from windows 8.1. The computer that the hard drive came from was a store display model, so the store already had it activated for customers to play with....
  9. Windows 10 Activation after Major Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation after Major Hardware Change: Hi all, I bought a new CPU, motherboard, and RAM. Before upgrading, I associated my Windows key with a Microsoft account, creating a digital key. I installed the new CPU, motherboard, and RAM. I reinstalled Windows 10. I logged Windows into my Microsoft account, but...
  10. Activating Windows 10 after major hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 after major hardware change: I have just upgraded everything in my pc except for my SSD. After the motherboard POSTed, and started up, I got a constant error code. I have entered my product key multiple times and reinstalled Windows twice. I also have had my Windows 10 Pro license linked to my account...