Windows 10: Windows activation error after update

Discus and support Windows activation error after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Guys, My windows automatic updates keep on failing every now and then for no reason. it states there is a network issue, but I always have full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by subhrasaikia, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Windows activation error after update

Hello Guys,

My windows automatic updates keep on failing every now and then for no reason. it states there is a network issue, but I always have full network strength.

When this update failure happens, windows roll back the updates. But on restarting, i get a windows activation error, stating product key not found.

When i run the troubleshot, it asks me to upgrade, because supposedly i have license for windows 10 home edition. But when i try to upgrade, it gives me troubleshoot error code '0x80004005', even though i have full network connectivity.

After this point, i have no other option other than to do a factory reset. After factory reset , my windows get activated. After some days, the windows update again fails and the same cycle repeats itself.

i am not able to deactivate the windows update nor am i able to resolve this issue any other way.

i contacted Acermy laptop provider many times,each time they tell me to contact Microsoft.

Someone, please give me a solution,either to manually stop having to install the updates, that leads to these activation issues, or any way to succesfully do the troubleshoot.

I am facing this issue for the last 5-6 months. And at this point, i am tired of this annoyance.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Subhra

:)

subhrasaikia, Jul 30, 2020
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows activation error after update

windows update Error 0xC004F074 Windows not activated

Hi Lucas,

We would appreciate if you could provide more details about the issue. Is your computer connected to a (domain) secured network? Aside from updating the computer, have you performed any changes prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps provided on these article:

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows activation error after update

1. Windows activation error after update - Similar Threads - activation error update

2. Windows activation error 0x80070002 after update fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation error 0x80070002 after update fail: Windows activation error 0x80070002 so i was trying to update my hp pavillion x360 but the think the update was not successful and now my windows is deactivated, the error code it shows in the windows activation section is 0x80070002, right now i dont see the option of start...
  3. Windows activation error 0x80070002 after update fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation error 0x80070002 after update fail: Windows activation error 0x80070002 so i was trying to update my hp pavillion x360 but the think the update was not successful and now my windows is deactivated, the error code it shows in the windows activation section is 0x80070002, right now i dont see the option of start...
  4. Windows activation error after constant updating and Windows License expire error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation error after constant updating and Windows License expire error.: A while back ago, my windows 10 was changed to windows 11 pro, and there was never a license key input needed. But still, my windows activation got the same riled error. After every PowerToys updating I think, it will result in windows asking me to update the same thing.And...
  5. Windows activation error after constant updating and Windows License expire error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation error after constant updating and Windows License expire error.: A while back ago, my windows 10 was changed to windows 11 pro, and there was never a license key input needed. But still, my windows activation got the same riled error. After every PowerToys updating I think, it will result in windows asking me to update the same thing.And...
  6. Activation error after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation error after update: Please help me on this error [ATTACH] Thanks vishnu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-error-after-update/45e8480d-d444-4f74-8a5a-3dd25e7031bb
  7. Activation error 0x80004005 after update

Activation error 0x80004005 after update: purchased acer aspir laptop pre installed windows 10 home. I updated after that it is showing error , tried troubleshot , AI assistance but of no use I don't have any activation data, just activated after logging in from Microsoft ID...
  8. Activation error after uninstalling an windows update

Activation error after uninstalling an windows update: After I uninstalled the latest windows update on my laptop, I frequently recieve activate windows message and the watermark. Before windows update, it was absolutely fine. How can I fix this? I uninstalled the update because of black screen error...
  9. windows activation error after update error code:0x80004005

windows activation error after update error code:0x80004005: I have window 10 build 1803 with a digital license key linked to my account. but when I updated to latest version 1909 by using window update assistant successfully. but it shows activation error code: 0x800004005. what should I do for fix the problem. troubleshoot the...
  10. Windows Activation Error after major Windows update???

Windows Activation Error after major Windows update???: I purchsed my HP Omen laptop preloaded with Windows 10. All was well until a major update several months ago. Since then, there's been a message at the bottom of my screen "Activate Windows. Go to Settings to activate Windows." I got side tracked with moving and...