Windows 10: Windows Activation failed after changing my motherboard

Discus and support Windows Activation failed after changing my motherboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu and now a pop-up appears on the bottom right telling me to activate Windows. I have troubleshoot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ahkaasyh, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Ahkaasyh Win User

Windows Activation failed after changing my motherboard

I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu and now a pop-up appears on the bottom right telling me to activate Windows. I have troubleshoot and exhausted every option in Settings but to no avail. I have even scheduled calls with Microsoft using the "Get Help" option on the right but have yet to receive even one.

Before upgrading I had already linked my activated version of Windows to my Microsoft account. In theory I should not be facing this issue but here I am.

:)

Ahkaasyh, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows Activation failed after changing my motherboard

1. Windows Activation failed after changing my motherboard - Similar Threads - Activation failed changing

2. Unable to activate windows after a Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows after a Motherboard change: My computer went in for a change of the cooling unit which had failed. While in the shop and under testing the "found" a problem with my motherboard and had replaced that as well. However, upon doing this I have a message in the bottom of my screen saying that I need to...
  3. windows activation after motherboard change

windows activation after motherboard change: i changed my motherboard and im trying to activate my windows but i get the message ''We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.'' that message i get after i ve tried to activate my windows through my Microsoft count that i have linked in my pc i run...
  4. Windows 10 fails to activate after a motherboard change despite the troubleshooter.

Windows 10 fails to activate after a motherboard change despite the troubleshooter.: Today, I upgraded both my motherboard and CPU (Along with a few case fans though I doubt that's relevant), and reinstalled Windows 10 Home Edition on my SSD to be certain that I'd have no issues. Before doing so, I absolutely double-checked that under activation, my old...
  5. Activation After changing motherboard

Activation After changing motherboard: Hi So I just changed motherboards and my license isn't activating. I have tried using my microsoft account to sign in and activate the license with no luck. Please let me know if there is a way I can reset the license as its rather annoying that I got the license and...
  6. Unable to activate windows 10 after changing my motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to activate windows 10 after changing my motherboard: i just changed my motherboard and i am now unable to activate windows as i lost the box and the activation key i bought last time is there anyway i can activated without buying a new key?...
  7. Windows activation after motherboard change

Windows activation after motherboard change: Same issue with a lot of users here, I changed my motherboard, and apparently that cause my windows to be deactivated. I can't believe I spent the money for windows10 pro and now it's all basically down the drain. I did not upgrade to it. I bought it. The error code is...
  8. Activation after motherboard change.

Activation after motherboard change.: I have three computers running Windows 10 in the house. I have just replaced the motherboard in my desktop and now it says it needs activation. I have not replaced the hard disks so it is exactly the same version of windows 10 that has run fine since doing a free upgrade from...
  9. WINDOWS activation after MotherBoard change

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS activation after MotherBoard change: so I kinda broke my old motherboard and switched it out now it prompts me to activate windows and now when I try to activate it's says a error occurred and I should contact my "system admin" what should I do plz...
  10. Activate windows after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate windows after motherboard change: I recently changed the motherboard on my acer aspire tc 780 to a B250H asus motherboard and now its telling me to activate windows 10 even though it was activated before i changed my motherboard is there a way i can activatewindows 10 without using my acer aspire tc 780...