Windows 10: Windows Activation failed after moving my harddrive to new computer tower

Discus and support Windows Activation failed after moving my harddrive to new computer tower in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded some of the components of my computer. I got a new motherboard, processor, graphics card and memory. I am not going to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MrE_003, Feb 8, 2020.

1. MrE_003 Win User

Windows Activation failed after moving my harddrive to new computer tower

I recently upgraded some of the components of my computer. I got a new motherboard, processor, graphics card and memory. I am not going to use the previous computer and have wiped it. Windows will not activate with the same hard drive. I called Microsoft Windows 10 Activation and was told that the key I had bought was "exhausted" and could no longer be used to activate Windows 10. My question is this: If the key was valid in the old setup, why is it not valid in the new computer. Here is the output of "slmgr.vbs /dls" if this helps.

Windows Activation failed after moving my harddrive to new computer tower 86cfc2f3-3584-42b3-8cbc-c0ad17180d62?upload=true.png

:)

MrE_003, Feb 8, 2020

2. Moving Hard Drive to Another Computer and Activating Windows

My screen on my old computer went out. So I moved my hard drive to my sister computer. Her computer was down as the hard drive was bad. I was running Windows 10 home She was running Windows 7 Pro. So in moving my harddrive it is requesting me to activate
    my copy of windows. How do I do that without having to buy a new activation code.

LauraPerkins2, Feb 8, 2020
  3. cjjackley Win User
    Transfer everything from old tower to new tower

I just installed a new tower. How do I transfer all my stuff from my old tower to new tower, including m favorites, docs, etc?

Moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10

cjjackley, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Windows Activation failed after moving my harddrive to new computer tower

Need some help with moving HDD

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm not really knowledgeable with this.

I'm trying to hook up my old harddrive (from my old AGP) onto my new computer.

The reason for this is because there are files that I need from that harddrive.

Would someone care to explain how can I do this step by step, would be appreciated.

There is still Windows XP os installed on that hdd and what not, would that be a problem?

Thanks *Toast :toast:

4eVaCrazIe, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Activation failed after moving my harddrive to new computer tower

1. Windows Activation failed after moving my harddrive to new computer tower - Similar Threads - Activation failed moving

2. Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive: Cheers everyone,I recently had a bit of trouble with the reliability of my hard drive, so I decided to buy a new SSD and move al my system there.After research on the internet, I found, that a "recovery device" should be able to transfer my windows from one drive to the next....
  3. Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive: Cheers everyone,I recently had a bit of trouble with the reliability of my hard drive, so I decided to buy a new SSD and move al my system there.After research on the internet, I found, that a "recovery device" should be able to transfer my windows from one drive to the next....
  4. Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. new Tower issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new Tower issue: I have a new HP tower desktop and I am using my existing HP monitor. The Monitor gives an error of "Check Cable Connection". The monitor and cable both work with my old HP tower. Im thinking it could be a bad port on my new PC but I'm looking for suggestions before I ship it...
  6. Moving win10 pro to new computer fails

Moving win10 pro to new computer fails: The new computer has win10 home on it and when I insert the activation key for the pro edition it says "windows has been activated", but the computer is still running the home edition....
  7. Failing to activate Windows 10 after harddrive replacement

Failing to activate Windows 10 after harddrive replacement: Hi. I changed my laptop's harddrive from an HDD to an SSD and when I tried to activate Windows it tells me "The product key you entered can't be used to activate this edition of Windows. Please try a different key." I have no idea what to do....
  8. Activate office 2016 on new harddrive

Activate office 2016 on new harddrive: I hava changed harddrive and cannot activate the office 2016 Product. How can I activate my licience? Is it so that it Thinks it is already in use in the other harddrive? JAN...
  9. New ASUS tower Gaming Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New ASUS tower Gaming Computer: It arrived today ! Whoopie! But I couldn't get more than a minute to sign in before it froze. If it didn't cost so much, it would serve well as a target. Any way I'm stuck in the blue screen... if the keyboard, mouse and all freeze before one gets to windows, how do I get...
  10. Moving to new computer - activation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving to new computer - activation question: I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro. I activated this Windows with a product key that I got over the phone from Microsoft because it was not possible to activate Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 8.1. In my Windows 10 Pro settings it says under Activation "Windows is...