Windows 10: Windows Activation failed on VM

Discus and support Windows Activation failed on VM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,I installed Windows 10 Pro on a VM and activated it with a freshly bought product key. It seems that there was some trouble with the VM host... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ThoRun, Apr 23, 2022.

1. ThoRun Win User

Windows Activation failed on VM

Hi,I installed Windows 10 Pro on a VM and activated it with a freshly bought product key. It seems that there was some trouble with the VM host integration and the VM suddenly failed to start. I installed it again on another VM, activated Windows again and then had other troubles with the host integration.So I wanted to install windows again on a new VM the other VMs do not start anymore, they are garbage, without the integration, but now I can not activate this installation anymore. The Settings send me to the shop where I am supposed to buy another product key.What can I do?

:)

ThoRun, Apr 23, 2022
  2. MMO77 Win User

Windows 10 VM activation

Hi,

I am trying to setup two Windows 10 vms for test purposes on Ovirt virtualization cluster. (Windows 10 Pro with MAK key from visual studio (MSDN) subscription).

Activation of the first vm encountered no problem, but activation of the second one failed. I have tried to setup second vm by all available means (by cloning from the first one with or without sysprep, from activated state or from clean installed snapshot,
    by installing second vm from scratch, etc.). All are with the same results: The last product key you entered XXXXX can't be used on this copy of Windows (0xC0EA0003).

Is it possible to have several Win 10 vms on the same hypervisor, activated with MAK key?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

MMO77, Apr 23, 2022
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 23, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vi...on-services#hyper-v-data-exchange-service-kvp

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

Tenforo, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Activation failed on VM - Similar Threads - Activation failed

2. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  3. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  4. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  5. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  6. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

7. Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...: License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code:hr=0xC004F074Command-line...
  8. Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...

Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...: License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code:hr=0xC004F074Command-line...
  9. Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".: getting this error in event viewer, tried sfc scan, windows defender scan, reinstalling softwares and drivers, it says " Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll". Dependent Assembly...
  10. Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".: getting this error in event viewer, tried sfc scan, windows defender scan, reinstalling softwares and drivers, it says " Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll". Dependent Assembly...