Windows 10: Windows activation failure after reset

Discus and support Windows activation failure after reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Our computer had a drive failure that caused us to completely reset windows. After the reset was done the activate windows text appeared in the bottom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JacobHarman1, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Windows activation failure after reset

Our computer had a drive failure that caused us to completely reset windows. After the reset was done the activate windows text appeared in the bottom right. When I go to reactivate windows it gives no error code and acts like it is activated. But in the activation text in the activation tab, where it is supposed to say if it is activated, its just blank. I have a screenshot linked below. I have been living with this for about a year and windows tech support doesn't seem to help. We have since done a processor change from and i3 to an i5. Windows activation failure after reset f04188f3-05eb-428e-8f3e-71f06146fdbe?upload=true.png

:)

JacobHarman1, Feb 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Windows activation failure after reset

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows activation failure after reset

1. Windows activation failure after reset - Similar Threads - activation failure reset

2. Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.: I have Windows 10 Pro digital license and the associated product key from the media for install. After a MB failure I have been unable to reactivate Windows 10. I have the same hard drive however all other system components MB, CPU and RAM were required to be swapped due to...
  3. Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.: I have Windows 10 Pro digital license and the associated product key from the media for install. After a MB failure I have been unable to reactivate Windows 10. I have the same hard drive however all other system components MB, CPU and RAM were required to be swapped due to...
  4. Windows Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after reset: Hello,I did a windows reset after bios problems on my Lenovo. I used a recovery disk from another laptop.After reset, windows cannot activate automatically. I don't have the original windows key as it is the version that came with the computer when i bought it.Thank you...
  5. Windows Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation after reset: Hello,I did a windows reset after bios problems on my Lenovo. I used a recovery disk from another laptop.After reset, windows cannot activate automatically. I don't have the original windows key as it is the version that came with the computer when i bought it.Thank you...
  6. Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS: Logged into PC This morning and found that "Windows is not activated" on my desktop, and claiming that I've changed hardware. I didn't, I updated the BIOS Firmware to the latest version as there is a security flaw in my previous BIOS. Nothing else has changed, I am still...
  7. Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS: Logged into PC This morning and found that "Windows is not activated" on my desktop, and claiming that I've changed hardware. I didn't, I updated the BIOS Firmware to the latest version as there is a security flaw in my previous BIOS. Nothing else has changed, I am still...
  8. Windows activation after reset

Windows activation after reset: Had to reset computer. Had Windows 10 from when free download was offered. After reset when attempting to activate Windows got and error message of 0xC004F012. I do not have the registration key from the first installation of Windows 10....
  9. activation after reset

activation after reset: My lenovo laptop came with windows 8.1 installed, i upgraded to 10 some time ago. I reset windows 10 for maintenance and now its asking me to activate. But the activation screen is blank. I need to join a private network urgently and I cant until I activate. Please advise or...
  10. Activation of windows after reset

Activation of windows after reset: I did reset my laptop last month and after reset it asked me for product key. I skipped and found that my Windows is no more activated. I changed my motherboard in June but it didn't create any issues with activation till I reset in December. I tried activation after hardware...