Windows 10: Windows activation has failed after 1903 update

Discus and support Windows activation has failed after 1903 update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have a Dell PC and it has the built in activation code on the mother board. After the latest update the activation status has changed from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by keene_one, Sep 10, 2019.

1. keene_one Win User

Windows activation has failed after 1903 update

Hi

I have a Dell PC and it has the built in activation code on the mother board. After the latest update the activation status has changed from activated to activate windows. But whatever I try I can't get it to activate. I have tried the activation troubleshooter and that does not work. error 0xC0000022

I tried running command as administrator and typed slmgr.vbs /div same error. I was able to run a small utility to see the embedded activation code and that looks good.

Running slui.exe 0x2a 0xC0000022 comes back as an access denied error even though command was as administrator

Your help would be appreciated.

BTW I am deaf so cannot use the phone

Thanks

Mark

:)

keene_one, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 10, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 10, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows activation has failed after 1903 update - Similar Threads - activation has failed

2. update 1903 has failed every update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update 1903 has failed every update: this update/rollback cycle is endless for 1903. I gave up trying to update windows SUCCESSFULLY until now. A pandemic that forces me to work from home has changed that, my version is 1803 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Other OS...
  3. 1903 Update fail

1903 Update fail: I have been trying to update from w10 1803 to 1903 without success. I get to about 80% and then get the message could not configure one or more system components. I have tried various fixes like dism and sfc. I have tried to reinstall w10 from an iso download all goes well...
  4. Activation failed after updating to window 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation failed after updating to window 10 version 1903: After installing latest window 10 update which is 1903 may activation get faileg and showing error and further asking for troubleshooting whenever i click on troubleshoot it ask for upgrade window and then i click next now it showing 0% and get restarted ..... What should i...
  5. Windows is not activated after updating to 1903

Windows is not activated after updating to 1903: Hello, In recent days my laptop is not starting, showing black screen. Somehow I managed to reset it and further update it to latest version 1903. But right now i I am facing issues about activation. Plzz give me solution for same Thanks in advance. Os version: windows...
  6. 1903 update keeps failing after rebooting

1903 update keeps failing after rebooting: Windows update prompted me to "Download and install" the 1903 update. The first few tries it kept failing at 5% but I read that battleye could cause it to fail and although I didn't have that running, I did have punkbuster so I killed that and a few other processes and after...
  7. Will not Activate after 1903 update

Will not Activate after 1903 update: I updated to 1903 a couple of days ago and afterward my activation was revoked. I was unable to find my old serial number so I purchased the Win 10 Pro from the Windows website and it seemed to activate with that CD Key until the next day it again was saying that my software...
  8. Fail to Activate Windows 10 1903

Fail to Activate Windows 10 1903: Dear Microsoft, I've got a laptop years ago with Windows 8.1 Core preinstalled, then upgraded onto Windows 10 Home 1607 successfully. Yesterday I formatted the entire hard drive with installing Windows 10 1903 Home refreshly! After successfully installed, it refused to...
  9. Windows installation has failed (1903)

Windows installation has failed (1903): will windows require i rocket science to upgrade a windows from now on, i used MediaCreationTool1903 to upgrade as an update will not come up through the update services center like the last 4 or 5 updates. every update windows manage to come up with new means to teach their...
  10. windows activation fails after update

windows activation fails after update: After i updated my windows 10 to (1803) version, windows shows that " windows isn't activated activate windows now" . when i enter the activation page it remains blank . windows came preinstalled in my lap . i tried suggested commands from online but none works . what can i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 slui