Windows 10: WIndows Activation I do not know wich version my key serial number is for

Discus and support WIndows Activation I do not know wich version my key serial number is for in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; some years ago I bought Parallels Desktop 13 to run windows on my Mac. I have not used it in years. Installed it today on a new mac and windows 10 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CraigGoldcoast, Oct 4, 2020.

1. WIndows Activation I do not know wich version my key serial number is for

some years ago I bought Parallels Desktop 13 to run windows on my Mac. I have not used it in years. Installed it today on a new mac and windows 10 was automatically installed as well.

the problem I am having is that the serial number I have is not being accepted by Windows 10. I am thinking this number relates to an earlier version of windows perhaps back to version 7?

would anyone know which version of windows this activation key relates to;

K42PN-VW7WW-R9F3X-2D2PY-YWRDB - W10-VN104141XXX

Any advice will be greatly appreciated oh an d if I have to install an earlier version of windows what's the easiest way to do so?

Cheers

:)

CraigGoldcoast, Oct 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Tartaros Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

Is there any way to activate a oem key in a win 7 wich has not been installed with the oem disk? The key is the one wich came with the computer and I installed version that matchs with it, so there wouldn't be any problem of using any other disk of win 7, but it doesn't activate.

Tartaros, Oct 4, 2020
  4. WIndows Activation I do not know wich version my key serial number is for

Serial number

Ihave mistake change my serial number, can I recover back it?

Before that my computer is the window 10 home version, and It was activated.

Then I mistake change my serial number and upgrade to Window 10 Pro .

I get the product key from the Internet, but the product key cant activate.

So, I regret for my action. Can I recover back to my previous Window 10 Home which is activated?

Or there is any alternative way to solve it?

KohHong Ching, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

WIndows Activation I do not know wich version my key serial number is for

1. WIndows Activation I do not know wich version my key serial number is for - Similar Threads - Activation wich version

2. PRODUCT KEY PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRODUCT KEY PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER: PRODUCT KEY SERIAL NUMBER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-product-serial-number/3aca1855-ce5b-4804-84fd-cde286005d68
  3. PRODUCT KEY PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PRODUCT KEY PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER: PRODUCT KEY SERIAL NUMBER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-product-serial-number/3aca1855-ce5b-4804-84fd-cde286005d68
  4. How to know the product key of windows through serial number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know the product key of windows through serial number: How to know the product key through serial number of laptop because i installed ssd in my laptop instead of hdd and i lost my product key but i have serial number of the product....
  5. How to know the product key of windows through serial number

How to know the product key of windows through serial number: How to know the product key through serial number of laptop because i installed ssd in my laptop instead of hdd and i lost my product key but i have serial number of the product....
  6. How to know the product key of windows through serial number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. serial number will not activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serial number will not activate: My Alienware 14's OEM motherboard embedded serial doesn't work now. why? i also tried a legit serial for Win7 64bit pro sp1 and i get error code 0xC004E003 do you NOT support your own software unless it win 11 now?...
  8. serial number will not activate

serial number will not activate: My Alienware 14's OEM motherboard embedded serial doesn't work now. why? i also tried a legit serial for Win7 64bit pro sp1 and i get error code 0xC004E003 do you NOT support your own software unless it win 11 now?...
  9. How do I find my serial number of windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I find my serial number of windows 10?: Hello, I have a windows 10 that is desktop. I typed in "wmic bios get serialnumber" in the cmds. It said "bios - Alias not found" What should I do? Thank you for helping!...
  10. Product Key from Serial Number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key from Serial Number: Good day Would like to find out if there is a way to recover the product key from the License serial number. We bought 2 Windows 10 IOT ENT LTSB 2016 licenses. They arrived in an envelope. Cleaners mistook the envelope for trash and threw it away. We...