Windows 10: Windows activation issue after motherboard replacement

Discus and support Windows activation issue after motherboard replacement in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I replaced my pc's motherboard today. After first boot I found that my pc was not activated anymore. By mistake I also deleted my old device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Assassinsat, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows activation issue after motherboard replacement

I replaced my pc's motherboard today. After first boot I found that my pc was not activated anymore. By mistake I also deleted my old device registration from my windows account. Now I can't activate using my old product key. Please advice. Thanks

:)

Assassinsat, Jan 12, 2019

2. Password incorrect after replacing motherboard.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

There is some confusion about hardware changes on a Computer that will impact their free upgrade activation status. To clarify, the ONLY hardware changes that can negatively impact a customer’s activation status once they have upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    If you replaces the Motherboard they may have to re activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

You can try to perform a clean install.

I would suggest you to create a ISO file from the below Microsoft Help Article and try to reinstall Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Windows activation error

Hi Brandon,

Before replacing the Mother Board if Windows 10 was activated, then you can refer the steps/link below for activating Windows 10.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Vijay B Win User

Windows activation issue after motherboard replacement

Windows 10 is not activated after replacing motherboard ..

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following steps.

1. Right Click on Start icon, then click
    Run (Administrator)
    , then type: slui.exe 4

2. Next press the 'ENTER' key

3. Select your 'Country' from the list.

4. Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5. Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6. Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows activation issue after motherboard replacement

1. Windows activation issue after motherboard replacement - Similar Threads - activation issue motherboard

2. Lost activation after replacing motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost activation after replacing motherboard.: I know this has been asked much, and I followed all methods suggested but nothing is working for me.I changed my motherboard today and I lost my activation. It shows "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has been changed." but troubleshooting does not fix it.I'm...
  3. Lost activation after replacing motherboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost activation after replacing motherboard.: I know this has been asked much, and I followed all methods suggested but nothing is working for me.I changed my motherboard today and I lost my activation. It shows "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has been changed." but troubleshooting does not fix it.I'm...
  4. Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard: I recently needed to replace my failing CPU, and in doing so upgraded, therefore I put in an upgraded motherboard as well. This caused an activation issue with Windows, where it now thinks the key isn't valid because it is used on another device. Additionally, when I try to...
  5. Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard: I recently needed to replace my failing CPU, and in doing so upgraded, therefore I put in an upgraded motherboard as well. This caused an activation issue with Windows, where it now thinks the key isn't valid because it is used on another device. Additionally, when I try to...
  6. Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 activation issue after replacing motherboard.

Windows 10 activation issue after replacing motherboard.: I replaced my motherboard, CPU, and RAM; however after reinstalling my hard drive, Windows is telling me to activate Windows. No matter what I do it will not activate Windows, even though it's the same computer running the same hard drive. And good luck trying to contact a...
  8. Windows Activation After motherboard replacement

Windows Activation After motherboard replacement: Good day After replacing my pc's motherboard I cannot activate windows anymore. Before the replacement it was working 100%, now all I get is errors. After troubleshooting > I changed hardware on this device I cannot find any other devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  9. Windows activation after motherboard replacement

Windows activation after motherboard replacement: I have a legitimate Windows licence. Some days ago I had to replace a motherboard and a processor. Now my Windows is in the status "Not activated." Please help me activate my Windows...
  10. activating windows after motherboard replacement

activating windows after motherboard replacement: Hello, I bought somewhere in the beginning of this year a new windows 10 license, digitally through the windows store, to install it on my new computer, 2 weeks ago my motherboard broke down and needed to be replaced. Now I am unable to activate it with the new motherboard....