Windows 10: Windows Activation issue and Not able to factory reset

Discus and support Windows Activation issue and Not able to factory reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I need some help from the community out there. I have a few issues going on with my computer. First the some background, I bought a desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Needhelp304, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Windows Activation issue and Not able to factory reset

Hello,

I need some help from the community out there. I have a few issues going on with my computer. First the some background, I bought a desktop 5-6 years ago pre-loaded with windows 8. I did the free upgrade to windows 10. Just recently, I had not used my desktop for 2-3 months. I logged into it yesterday, downloaded the updates. I didn't notice anything weird until after it restarted on the updates.

When going into settings, activation, it's showing this error. "We can't activate Windows on this device because you do not have a a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select troubleshoot below, error code 0xC004F012. I did input the valid license key from my windows 8 that is built into the desktop. This still is causing issues.

The other thing I noticed was that when I try to right click on the display settings or personalize I get an error stating, "To find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher."

The last part of this is that I want to do a factory reset to get the system back to working correctly. The system starts, gets to about 40%, then goes back to "undoing changes" and nothing happens.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Needhelp304, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Paawan Win User

Windows 10 activation problem after factory reset. Error 0xC004C003

Windows Activation issue and Not able to factory reset [​IMG]

See the windows is activated. And this is the screen which asks the product key. I can only skip this step if I boot from the dvd and select the clean install option.

"slmg /ato" returns Activating Windows core single language edition (a string of numbers and alphabets)
    Product activated successfully.

Paawan, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Word Man Win User
    Windows 10 activation problem after factory reset. Error 0xC004C003

You have to make sure the Win 8.1 reinstall is reactivated, not just assume because it's a factory reset. See tutorial here: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...-8-online.html and use the options and activation means appropriate to your particular version and license. There are command line methods (which NavyLCDR is well versed in) that you can also use to get an exact picture of activation, license type, and exact Win8.1 version that will confirm activation before you proceed to the WIn10 upgrade (and that is confirmed to match your exact Win 8.1 version).

Word Man, Jun 13, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows Activation issue and Not able to factory reset

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Activation issue and Not able to factory reset

1. Windows Activation issue and Not able to factory reset - Similar Threads - Activation issue able

2. FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!: PLEASE HELP!!! I am trying to factory reset my laptop and it says 'could not find recovery environment' then I tried reagent c/enable in command prompt but it said the windows RE image was not found , so tried to make a recovery a recovery drive cause a post said that might...
  3. FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!: PLEASE HELP!!! I am trying to factory reset my laptop and it says 'could not find recovery environment' then I tried reagent c/enable in command prompt but it said the windows RE image was not found , so tried to make a recovery a recovery drive cause a post said that might...
  4. Issues with Factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Factory reset: Hi all. I just factory reset my PC and cleared the drive as I want to sell it. It’s rebooted after the reset and my account is still there, I can log into it though so it must’ve reset. The issue is the only account there is my old one, I do have the option to create a new...
  5. Factory Reset Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset Issue: I tried to factory reset my windows 10 computer it's about 13 years old and now it's just restarting constantly. The moniter won't turn on or anything. I tried so many things to get it to work or atleast something. I don't know what to do....
  6. Factory Reset Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Factory Reset Issue: I tried to factory reset my windows 10 computer it's about 13 years old and now it's just restarting constantly. The moniter won't turn on or anything. I tried so many things to get it to work or atleast something. I don't know what to do....
  7. Not able to factory reset pc...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not able to factory reset pc...: So here's what I've done so far... I've spf scan from adminstrative command prompt as well as reagentc enable disable from the ACP , I've also tried shift+restart and the troubleshooting there still no luck , any ideas? *First time I tried screen went black and nothing...
  8. factory reset issue

factory reset issue: ok so i decided to factory reset my pc because i had a lot of stuff i didnt need and wanted more fps and i picked the remove all option the option that says it cleans it and makes it more secure and the reinstall windows option instead of download option. Its been around an...
  9. Factory reset issue

Factory reset issue: Hello guys or girls hope you all are doing good, I factory reset my computer and it constantly comes back to this page after the initial reset and continues to do so every time I continue to click next and then the following image appears after. I don’t know what to do as i...
  10. factory reset issues

factory reset issues: So about 2-3 months ago i factory reset my lenovo gaming laptop, i think its y700 with 8gb ddr4 ram and nvidia 980 gtx. but i was trying to sell it and i wanted to factory reset it and remove everything which is what i selected. so i since then have been trying to go through...