Windows 10: Windows activation key from new Chinese laptop not working

Discus and support Windows activation key from new Chinese laptop not working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I've just purchased a laptop in China with Windows 10. Because I wanted an English version, I made an USB and reinstalled everything. I got my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David2020_03, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Windows activation key from new Chinese laptop not working

Hi

I've just purchased a laptop in China with Windows 10. Because I wanted an English version, I made an USB and reinstalled everything.

I got my product key using the command wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Also, I saw the details using the command slmgr.vbs /dlv , and Windows wasWindowsR, Education edition

Now, I can't use my product key to activate it. Actually, it showsThe product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050

Some blogs and videos later, I tried slmgr.vbs /upk andslmgr.vbs /ipk XXX...XXX , and got Error: 0xC004F069 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0xC004F069' to display the error text.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

David2020_03, Mar 23, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Mar 23, 2020
  3. erixx Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

yeah, just don't forget that MCE gives you a new Windows key.... I had activation errors untill I entered the MCE key....

erixx, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Windows activation key from new Chinese laptop not working

activate windows 7 oem key

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows activation key from new Chinese laptop not working

1. Windows activation key from new Chinese laptop not working - Similar Threads - activation key Chinese

2. New PC, Windows activation key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC, Windows activation key not working: I built a new PC, and used the Win 10 upgraded from Win 8 boot disc in the new machine. I entered the activation key and it got rejected, and referred me to a non existent "Troubleshooting" link in the dialog box. Here is proof of purchase of the Win 8 DVD from Amazon from...
  3. New PC, Windows activation key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC, Windows activation key not working: I built a new PC, and used the Win 10 upgraded from Win 8 boot disc in the new machine. I entered the activation key and it got rejected, and referred me to a non existent "Troubleshooting" link in the dialog box. Here is proof of purchase of the Win 8 DVD from Amazon from...
  4. New PC, Windows activation key not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Brand New Windows Activation Key not working

Brand New Windows Activation Key not working: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I bought the license from the Microsoft store. The install went fine but I can't activate windows with my product key. I get the error code 0xc004f050 every time I try to put in the new activation code. I looked it up and this code means...
  6. Brand New Windows Activation Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New Windows Activation Key not working: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I bought the license from the Microsoft store. The install went fine but I can't activate windows with my product key. I get the error code 0xc004f050 every time I try to put in the new activation code. I looked it up and this code means...
  7. Language change on a new Chinese Laptop

Language change on a new Chinese Laptop: Hi, I was hoping for some help. I just bought a new laptop in Shanghai and it came with Win10 home Chinese edition. I tried to change the language with no luck. I read on the net that if I upgraded to Win10 Pro I would get additional language options. So, I bought that and...
  8. Activating Key on new laptop doesn't work and forgot to delete it on old laptop

Activating Key on new laptop doesn't work and forgot to delete it on old laptop: Hello,I have recently bought a new laptop and wanted to activate my Windows 10 Education version by using the key I already have. I haven't deleted the key on the older laptop and instead reinstalled Windows via the media creation tool. I did it because I wanted to get rid of...
  9. Activating Key on new laptop doesn't work and forgot to delete it on old laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Key on new laptop doesn't work and forgot to delete it on old laptop: Hello,I have recently bought a new laptop and wanted to activate my Windows 10 Education version by using the key I already have. I haven't deleted the key on the older laptop and instead reinstalled Windows via the media creation tool. I did it because I wanted to get rid of...
  10. Activating Key on new laptop doesn't work and forgot to delete it on old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming