Windows 10: Windows Activation Key Retrieval after Formatting disk

Discus and support Windows Activation Key Retrieval after Formatting disk in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hie. I have formatted the hard drive of my Dell Laptop and now I am required re enter the Windows 10 Product key. I am not aware of how to retrieve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Abbas Lokhandwala, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Windows Activation Key Retrieval after Formatting disk

Hie. I have formatted the hard drive of my Dell Laptop and now I am required re enter the Windows 10 Product key. I am not aware of how to retrieve the key after formatting the drive. Is there a way I can get my original windows 10 Key again and activate my windows back?

:)

Abbas Lokhandwala, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Baguett Win User
    Retrieving original activation key for windows

Hello!

I bought a demo-pc in 2014 that came with win8, but i was unable to log in as i did not have the password, so i flashed windows 10 insider build. But i am tired of all the bugs, so i want to get the regular windows 10 build now.

Does anyone know how i can do this? I do not know the serial key, but shouldn't it be embedded in the BIOS? The PC is an HP Envy touchsmart 14.

Can i just format, flash an win8 img, and then the PC will automatically retrieve the activation key by itself?

Baguett, Oct 28, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows Activation Key Retrieval after Formatting disk

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Activation Key Retrieval after Formatting disk

1. Windows Activation Key Retrieval after Formatting disk - Similar Threads - Activation Key Retrieval

2. Windows Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key Retrieval: Hi friends,Recently I had to reinstall windows due to lost password, but the service person seems to have installed windows with a different windows key.I could not activate windows because of this.I'm trying to retrieve my original product key.Pls help....
  3. Windows Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key Retrieval: Hi friends,Recently I had to reinstall windows due to lost password, but the service person seems to have installed windows with a different windows key.I could not activate windows because of this.I'm trying to retrieve my original product key.Pls help....
  4. Retrieve Activated Windows 10 Pro key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retrieve Activated Windows 10 Pro key?: In Windows 10 Pro, Activation shows the following:Activation Edition Windows 10 Pro Activation Windows is activated with digital license The laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home. I retrieved the UEFI/BIOS product key using this command:wmic path...
  5. Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Retrieval: Morning all, I'm trying to move all my software to another laptop, but I can't get the key back. I am trying to gain access to my Microsoft account, but I can't. Where will I find a licence for my office? Thanks in advance...
  6. Retrieve a key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieve a key: Hi , i want to retrieve a key for my colleague , key ID : F42AE48F Drive Label : MD1W0PXC SYSTEM 2019/02/06 . Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-a-key/6db87c6c-3fe6-462f-9dd2-a391f261d376
  7. Windows 10 activation after formatting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 activation after formatting: I formatted my HDD and then clean installed windows 10 but they don't activate Error code:0xC004F213 I've tried everything I could find and nothing worked I thought the activation key is bound to my motherboard what's the issue here I don't understand I am getting desperate...
  8. Retrieve activation key

Retrieve activation key: I have a dell inspiron which I bought in 2014 with Windows 8 already installed. Since then, I never had any problems with my laptop until the last few weeks. Long story short: I need to reinstall my Windows 10 from scratch, but I can't find the activation key. I'm from Brazil...
  9. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation: I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties and wrote down the code at the bottom of the page, then i looked up online how to deactivate the code and i found that you go...
  10. Retrieving original activation key for windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving original activation key for windows: Hello! I bought a demo-pc in 2014 that came with win8, but i was unable to log in as i did not have the password, so i flashed windows 10 insider build. But i am tired of all the bugs, so i want to get the regular windows 10 build now. Does anyone know how i can do...