Windows 10: Windows activation key says it has already been used

Discus and support Windows activation key says it has already been used in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just received a new windows 10 key from my organization, but it says it has already been used. They said this is an error that Microsoft could fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Magmaw, May 11, 2019.

1. Magmaw Win User

Windows activation key says it has already been used

I just received a new windows 10 key from my organization, but it says it has already been used. They said this is an error that Microsoft could fix.

:)

Magmaw, May 11, 2019
  2. Maban Win User

windows 8 activation key

You can use a Windows key as many time as you want provided it's only on one computer at a time. If the automated activation fails, just call the number it provides. Six minutes later, you're activated again. If it asks you how many computers it's on, just say "one" and you're golden.

Maban, May 11, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, May 11, 2019
  4. Windows activation key says it has already been used

Windows no longer active it says windows not activated.

Hi Victoria,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know how did you upgraded to Windows 10 through Windows update or Windows 10 ISO?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you try activating the Windows using phone. Follow the below steps to activate the Windows by phone.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Run

• Type slui 4 in the box and hit Enter Key.

• Select your 'Country' from the list.

• Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

• Stay on the phone and wait for a person to help you.

• And also you can explain your problem clearly to the support person.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows in future, let us know and will be happy to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows activation key says it has already been used

1. Windows activation key says it has already been used - Similar Threads - activation key says

2. How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?: hello i have a question about my windows install i had activated my windows when i purchased this laptop but now its saying i have to re-activate and i have no clue where i put the product key. i am looking for help to re-activate it as the key should be still valid...
  3. It says my windows key has already been used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says my windows key has already been used: I built a new pc yesterday. I typed in my windows key but after it booted i couldnt change any settings bc windows wasnt activated because apparently the key was already used. I already pressed the problem solving button but it still said that it had already been used....
  4. It says my windows key has already been used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It says my windows key has already been used: I built a new pc yesterday. I typed in my windows key but after it booted i couldnt change any settings bc windows wasnt activated because apparently the key was already used. I already pressed the problem solving button but it still said that it had already been used....
  5. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.: I just got this computer and downgraded it to Windows 10. Now, it states Windows was already active on another computer. How do I get the product key to change it or otherwise fix?...
  6. I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i...: I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i could get a screen shot of the Ticket number, Time and date of the activation....
  7. I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i...

I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i...: I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i could get a screen shot of the Ticket number, Time and date of the activation....
  8. activation key was already used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    activation key was already used: activation key was already used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-key-was-already-used/b4246e03-69de-4926-9091-83161bc5c409
  9. activation key was already used

activation key was already used: activation key was already used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-key-was-already-used/b4246e03-69de-4926-9091-83161bc5c409
  10. activation key was already used

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word activation sas this activation key is already been used

2. windows activation code says it has been used

3. my microsoft 10 key says was already used

4. activate windows key already used,
  5. windos 10 key is already beeen used? ,
  6. onlinekeys.nl windows key already used,
  7. this windows key has already been used