Windows 10: Windows Activation key wont work

Discus and support Windows Activation key wont work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Peoples .was wondering how i can get my windows Activated even though i have the original disc & key numbers i just cannot get it to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by redrobin12, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Windows Activation key wont work

Hello Peoples .was wondering how i can get my windows Activated even though i have the original disc & key numbers i just cannot get it to activate

:)

redrobin12, Apr 9, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Apr 9, 2022
  3. Equals Key Wont Work

We suggest that you update the keyboard driver. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Apr 9, 2022
  4. Kreij Win User

Windows Activation key wont work

activate windows 7 oem key

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows Activation key wont work

1. Windows Activation key wont work - Similar Threads - Activation key wont

2. Activate windows wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate windows wont work: i have tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-work/3654b1b6-d5a4-40c8-ad89-37156a4f5b40
  3. Activate windows wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate windows wont work: i have tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-work/3654b1b6-d5a4-40c8-ad89-37156a4f5b40
  4. Activate windows wont work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My Windows 10 Pro activation key wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 Pro activation key wont work: I bought a activation key and it wont work i have windows 10 pro and a windows 10 pro key but it just wont work i tried several times this is the key i got: 79D6H-NCJ7V-4Q6MD-B8XC8-29XTT...
  6. My Windows 10 Pro activation key wont work

My Windows 10 Pro activation key wont work: I bought a activation key and it wont work i have windows 10 pro and a windows 10 pro key but it just wont work i tried several times this is the key i got: 79D6H-NCJ7V-4Q6MD-B8XC8-29XTT...
  7. Windows Activation key wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation key wont work: Hello Peoples .was wondering how i can get my windows Activated even though i have the original disc & key numbers i just cannot get it to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-key-wont-work/f013e636-7377-410a-9693-f1fe2bb37137
  8. Windows Activation key wont work

Windows Activation key wont work: Hello Peoples .was wondering how i can get my windows Activated even though i have the original disc & key numbers i just cannot get it to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-key-wont-work/f013e636-7377-410a-9693-f1fe2bb37137
  9. windows activation key wont work error code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation key wont work error code: I had old windowspro on used computer when I bought It I bought new version with a genuine product key I downloaded everything I put in key and still wont activate please help I get a error code...
  10. Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore: Hey people, I came across an issue which I cant find solution to. I have been Insider user for years now and I do change laptops fairly often and since my last installation on older Dell laptop of Win 10 Pro, my digital key seem to be not working anymore. Still asks me to...