Windows 10: Windows Activation License Expiring

Discus and support Windows Activation License Expiring in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I received my laptop as a gift from friends, who bought it used online from a seller who seemed reputable. Upon receiving the laptop I noticed two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NilesIsBae, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Windows Activation License Expiring

I received my laptop as a gift from friends, who bought it used online from a seller who seemed reputable. Upon receiving the laptop I noticed two things - one, that one of those applications for remote access and control was downloaded, and two, that the Windows Defender antivirus history noted that a hacktool had been installed and allowed. Upon researching the tool, I discovered it's commonly used to illegally download and install online content. I immediately uninstalled it and made sure the laptop was clean of anything else illegitimate or unhelpful before I began using it. I'm starting off with this information because I feel it may be relevant.

The laptop was apparently advertised as coming with Word and so on, paid-for. Well, a month into owning this laptop, the Word license said that it was expiring as it had been purchased through an unnamed organization/business.

Okay, so I officially purchased Word, and that was taken care of.

But now I'm getting a notification that "Your Windows License will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in Settings." I didn't even know Windows could expire? And I have no idea what to do about this. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but owning Windows has always been free, or at least pre-installed on laptops without requiring being separately purchased.

So I'm beginning to wonder if this laptop was stolen originally from a company to be resold, and now the company keys for these products are all expiring, and/or if the keys for Windows, Word and so on were stolen using the hacktool I found on the laptop. If that's all the case, I have no idea how to go about making sure Windows is officially installed on my computer and I don't have to keep dealing with issues like this.

Googling hasn't helped much as it's just leading me to confusing threads online saying that if I'm getting this warning, it means I won't be able to use my computer at all in the next few days. So what will happen when the Windows 10 Pro License expires? And how do I go about installing Windows again / dealing with this license issue? Does this mean I'll have to separately purchase Windows? And if so, what is the best way to go about buying it? Thank you for any input you can provide.

:)

NilesIsBae, Feb 21, 2021

2. Your Windows license expires on...

Hi Hayurin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check which version of Windows is activated.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to settings.

• Click on update and recovery.

• Click on Activation.

• And check which version of Windows is activated.

If it shows as insider preview then i suggest you to contact Microsoft Phone support as they have the right resources to activate windows 10.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Superfly Win User
    Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

I was able to replicate the error using aVL install media

Windows Activation License Expiring [​IMG]

Then using a Win 7 Pro COA key --

-- I got the 'key is not valid" error code 0xc004f050 before internet connectivity was established

Subsequently it activated on a 2nd attempt with internet connectivity

Licence channel changed from this...

... to this.

The error message is misleading regarding the validity of the Win 7 key.

Superfly, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Windows Activation License Expiring

License activation issue: Your windows license will expire soon

Windows 10 Activation reports your license will soon expire.

This can happen for a number of reasons:

• You copied a Windows 10 Pro off the Internet (usually a volume license - organization - key) and changed on a Windows 10 Home installation. Windows 10 Pro is not free. If this is what you did, you will need to reinstall the previous edition
      or version you were running. You inadvertently installed the wrong edition.
      • The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro will installWindows 10 Pro

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

Did you purchase the laptop brand new out of the box?

You might want to reinstall Windows 10 Home to resolve the problem.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows Activation License Expiring

1. Windows Activation License Expiring - Similar Threads - Activation License Expiring

2. WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING: AGAK GIRICreated on August 14, 2021WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOONHi, my name is ANURAG and few days ago WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOON pops on my dell laptop screen . after asking about this from microsoft community he told that the shop installed an illegal license of windows....
  3. WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING: AGAK GIRICreated on August 14, 2021WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOONHi, my name is ANURAG and few days ago WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOON pops on my dell laptop screen . after asking about this from microsoft community he told that the shop installed an illegal license of windows....
  4. WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can activation license be expired?

Can activation license be expired?: Hello everyone,My friend bought a custom-built pc from a retailer and he has used it for 5 years without a problem.But yesterday, he got an notification "This copy of windows is not genuine" in safe mode after a very weirdo long time to start up. My first question is Why this...
  6. Windows license expiring

Windows license expiring: I have been experiencing problems with my laptop though it has a genuine windows pro installed. After updates it says that my Windows license is expiring. Can someone help me please. I tried to check whether there was any issue with my software. This screenshot I took is...
  7. windows activation license will expire soon

windows activation license will expire soon: i have a dell inspiron 5567 for almost three years and today i got a massage every time i open the device say windows activation license will expire soon side note: i got windows 10 pro pre installed on my computer and i never installed any other copy...
  8. expiring windows license

expiring windows license: I had to reformate my computer , now my computing is telling windows lisence will expire. what can I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/expiring-windows-license/c6315554-a728-45d2-9b7b-83afb95690e5
  9. Windows License Will Expire

Windows License Will Expire: Hi, I keep on getting messages regarding the fact that my license will expire soon. However, when I check the activation page, it does not appear that my license is expiring. I am updated to the most current version of Windows 10 as well. Below is a screen grab of my...
  10. Windows license expiration

Windows license expiration: I have a laptop that has ben running Window10 Pro for the last 10 months, and I'm now constantly getting a pop up telling me that my Windows license is about to expire, and that I need to activate Windows in my settings. When I bring up my settings window, it says that my...