Windows 10: Windows Activation...long story

Discus and support Windows Activation...long story in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, I bought a used computer, was refurbed by a guy who bought it used from a company that went out of business. It came with Windows 10 Enterprise.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TRA2018, Dec 13, 2018.

1. TRA2018 Win User

Windows Activation...long story

So, I bought a used computer, was refurbed by a guy who bought it used from a company that went out of business. It came with Windows 10 Enterprise. All good for a 5 months or so but now my license is going ot expire on the 20th of December.

So I have been doing some reserch and recovered the original product key, whatcha know? It is the general key for Windows 10 Enterprise.

So I can imagine the guy who sold this to me just put that on there and washed his hand of it....doesn't really matter at this point.

I have an alternative in mind but no idea how to pull it off.

The reason I bought this PC was because my wife poured (ahem, spilled) a bunch of tea onto my beloved laptop. That one I had bought new and with Windows 7 or 8 but with free upgrade to 10 (which I never bothered to do).

I am wondering if I could use that key to activate this PC. What the heck is it even? The old PC won't even receive power much less start-up. I live in Argentina and bought it in Mexico so I can't even buy a new motherboard as the part doesn't exist in this market.

Any ideas? I checked my email and such from when I bought the new PC but don't see my activation key anywhere. Even went into the Microsoft Live account I had never looked at before but didn't see any register of my key that I actually purchased.

:)

TRA2018, Dec 13, 2018

2. Game with the best story, you have played

wasnt aimed at your game theres a few red headed step childs in the lists by people that dont really belong in a best story, the games all have merit but theres very few that should be given best story. theres alot of games here im seeing that just dont hit that mark.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 13, 2018
  3. badrobot Win User
    Windows 10 install, its a long story

Exactly what I suggested to avoid complicated steps which does not guarantee results. Clean install will solve his problem in one simple step.

badrobot, Dec 13, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

Game with the best story, you have played

Relax, people are entitled to their opinions.

erocker, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Activation...long story - Similar Threads - Activation long story

2. It's a Long story. Also, I'm already 12 hours in. trying to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's a Long story. Also, I'm already 12 hours in. trying to fix this issue: Okay so. It Started As A LAG. After a windows update. I entered league of legends and the frames were "01-09"I tried uninstalling the graphics card driver, let windows reinstall it. it worked! back yo normal 80 frames per second. or so I thought.There were issues prior to...
  3. It's a Long story. Also, I'm already 12 hours in. trying to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It's a Long story. Also, I'm already 12 hours in. trying to fix this issue: Okay so. It Started As A LAG. After a windows update. I entered league of legends and the frames were "01-09"I tried uninstalling the graphics card driver, let windows reinstall it. it worked! back yo normal 80 frames per second. or so I thought.There were issues prior to...
  4. It's a Long story. Also, I'm already 12 hours in. trying to fix this issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. long story short, i got a Virus.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    long story short, i got a Virus.: Story:I got it by clicking the wrong links, a imposter VLC file appeared and yeah. I cleaned out the virus mostly, but the host files are still in the windows "protection folder" where if i scan, the anti-malware just ignores themi cant view them since i have an anti-malware...
  6. long story short, i got a Virus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    long story short, i got a Virus.: Story:I got it by clicking the wrong links, a imposter VLC file appeared and yeah. I cleaned out the virus mostly, but the host files are still in the windows "protection folder" where if i scan, the anti-malware just ignores themi cant view them since i have an anti-malware...
  7. long story short, i got a Virus.

8. Windows 1909 fresh install. Oh MY! Long story and a question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1909 fresh install. Oh MY! Long story and a question: The journey. I hit the power button to turn on my old ASUS G73SW laptop the other day and all that happened was the keyboard lights came on then shut down. I tried several more times but nothing. No BIOS boot screen, nothing. I inserted my rescue disk but could not even boot...
  9. Story Remix

Story Remix: Buenas tardes: No puedo descargar Story Remix Gracias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/story-remix/fcee9880-804c-48e9-ba20-830706a2daf1
  10. Windows 10 install, its a long story

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install, its a long story: Hi there, newby to the forums but I hope y'all can help. Strap on in. Desktop PC, 2 physical SATA hard drives. Running Windows XP on physical drive "1" Installed Windows 7 and subsequently upgraded to Windows 10 on physical drive "2" After a few weeks of uploading...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. refurbed laptop but no windows activation key