Windows 10: Windows Activation Msg.

Discus and support Windows Activation Msg. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received two robo phone calls within 5 minutes (let the machine answer) claiming that my Microsoft account/computer may have been compromised. It... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bolla67, Jul 23, 2019.

1. bolla67 Win User

Windows Activation Msg.

I received two robo phone calls within 5 minutes (let the machine answer) claiming that my Microsoft account/computer may have been compromised. It said to call back. I didn't. Since then, I've been getting repeated calls spoofing my home phone number. I've seen community threads claiming they've been getting the same type of calls. I answered one call without saying anything, but nothing was said on the other end.

Meanwhile, I kept getting a pop-up msg. that I needed to go to my settings to activate Windows 10. I also had a large update waiting for Windows. After the update, I got a msg. that there was an issue with Windows and I needed to go to settings because the version of Windows that I had wasn't valid any longer. I did the troubleshooting to see what was going on and then it said I was given a digital key to activate Windows. I bought the computer with Windows 10 installed so I had no way of knowing what the original key # was, not to mention, no disc to reinstall.

I searched on how to locate the key #, but I don't know if that's the digital one the troubleshooting added or the original one that was installed on the computer. I'm worried that my computer has been compromised. Since the update, everything takes longer to boot up when I turn the computer on.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

bolla67, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Sigurd Win User

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Jul 23, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Windows Activation Msg.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Activation Msg.

1. Windows Activation Msg. - Similar Threads - Activation Msg

2. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  3. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  4. Activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation key: Hi, Have installed windows on a new PC, have bought a new key on the app store on my windows account, and my new PC says I need a new activation key, error code 0xC0EA000A https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-key/63425da1-12a5-4446-bee4-c71ef023c6c2
  5. Activation key

Activation key: Hi, Have installed windows on a new PC, have bought a new key on the app store on my windows account, and my new PC says I need a new activation key, error code 0xC0EA000A https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-key/63425da1-12a5-4446-bee4-c71ef023c6c2
  6. Activating Windows 11 after moving from an older computer

Activating Windows 11 after moving from an older computer: Hi all - Attempting to get support from Microsoft however no response thus far. I have windows 10 on my previous computer and just finished building my new one. I downloaded windows 10 on my new PC, a few days later the update to windows 11 occured, however it is not...
  7. Windows 11 Home Single Language to Pro activation error msg 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home Single Language to Pro activation error msg 0x80070057: I've wanted to upgrade my Windows 11 Home Home Single Language to Pro version, but when I press Start after entering activation key that I bought I get this message;...
  8. Windows 11 Home Single Language to Pro activation error msg 0x80070057

Windows 11 Home Single Language to Pro activation error msg 0x80070057: I've wanted to upgrade my Windows 11 Home Home Single Language to Pro version, but when I press Start after entering activation key that I bought I get this message;...
  9. Windows 10 Home to Pro activation error msg 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro activation error msg 0x80070057: Hi MS Team, I've wanted to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro version, but when I press Start after entering activation key that I bought I get this message; [IMG] What ever I do I can't upgrade as same message comes again. I've checked this error code and it says...
  10. windows 10 update activation failed error msg

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update activation failed error msg: windows 10 update activation failed error msg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-activation-failed-error-msg/72be313d-55b2-4b07-b2e0-46f9d948ad99