Windows 10: Windows activation not possible after hardware change

Discus and support Windows activation not possible after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What can I do. Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard change. < Moved to English forum >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Djek2005, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Djek2005 Win User

Windows activation not possible after hardware change

What can I do. Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard change.

< Moved to English forum >

:)

Djek2005, Dec 5, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Activation after reinstall with major hardware change not possible

Hi,

I did a major hardware change on my desktop pc (Motherboard, Ram, CPU, SSD). During this I did also do a clean install of Win 10 Pro.

As many Internet Sites suggested I did an slmgr /upk on my old installation before the reinstallation.

I did enter my product key during the installation. But now it is not possible to activate my windows installation.

In the activation troubleshooter when I click "I did change hardware" only my old installation is listed (different hostname). I am using the same microsoft account for login as on the old installation.

Due to my work times its hard to get in touch with the phone support during bussiness hours.

I hope you can help me.

Alexander Rabenstein

AlexanderRabenstein, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Windows activation not possible after hardware change

Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows activation not possible after hardware change

1. Windows activation not possible after hardware change - Similar Threads - activation possible hardware

2. Windows activation after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation after hardware change.: I have upgraded my PC hardware and can now not activate my windows. When I click on "I have changed my hardware" I am prompted to enter the product key. After entering the product key I am met with the error "Unable to activate Windows We can't reactivate Windows as our...
  3. Windows activation after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation after hardware change.: I have upgraded my PC hardware and can now not activate my windows. When I click on "I have changed my hardware" I am prompted to enter the product key. After entering the product key I am met with the error "Unable to activate Windows We can't reactivate Windows as our...
  4. windows activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation after hardware change: i recently changed hardware to a new cpu the first motherboard i installed had usb and other issues so changed to a gigabyte board , i had reactivated windows on the dodgy asus board and when i went to reactivate again on the gigabyte board it wouldnt allow it saying it had...
  5. WIndows Activation After Changing Hardware

WIndows Activation After Changing Hardware: Hi there, I'm just after some advice, I recently changed the motherboard and CPU hardware in my pc and logged into my Microsoft account and it has popped up to tell me to activate windows, I haven't got the product code only the ID for the edition of Windows 10 pro, I...
  6. Windows activation after hardware change

Windows activation after hardware change: Hi, I recently changed motherboard, CPU and RAM and ended up with the "Activate Windows" message... Troubleshooting did not resolve and inputting the original key led showed the following error code: 0xc004c060 The installation pack is genuine, and i had it installed for...
  7. Is it possible to activate same licence after changing hardware specs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to activate same licence after changing hardware specs?: Ladies and Gentlemen. Just a quick question. Ive added some harddrives to my setup so no major changes in PC configuration. Will i still be able to automatically activate Windows? Getting some strange behaviour lately like buttons from the right click menu on the task...
  8. Windows activation after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows activation after changing hardware: Recently I changed my motherboard, CPU, and RAM. I didn't know I had to save my product key before, and thought it wouldve saved onto my account, what do I do to reactivate it without buying another key? submitted by /u/angrypintobean [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Activation after hardware change

Windows Activation after hardware change: I have just changed my motherboard, cpu and ram in my pc and when i loaded up i have the Activate Windows message in the bottom of my screen. Prior to upgrading i had full version of windows 10 and it wont let me troubleshoot it in settings. I do not have a windows activation...
  10. windows not activating after hardware change

windows not activating after hardware change: hi I have upgraded my motherboard from msi to asus prime b450-plus and the cpu has changed from fx8350 to ryzen 2700x and now my copy of windows is not activating can you help ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows activation not possible