Windows 10: Windows activation on a new hardware

Discus and support Windows activation on a new hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently changed my motherboard and I have forgotten to add my account on my previous motherboard which I do not have access to anymore so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ming.A, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Ming.A Win User

Windows activation on a new hardware

Hello, I recently changed my motherboard and I have forgotten to add my account on my previous motherboard which I do not have access to anymore so I can't use the option 'I recently hanged hardware on this device'. I had a similar problem before when I also changed my motherboards once in the past and I got help through live chat.

Is there no more live chat service? cause when I used 'Get help, virtual agent', it tells me to contact them through call or ask in the community. I would call them but it's expensive for me to call since its an international line

:)

Ming.A, Mar 5, 2020

2. Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Here's what happened:

• Linked my Windows 10 Pro Licence to my Microsoft account.
    • Switched out to a new motherboard, new install linked to my Microsoft account.
    • Activation has failed, (Error Code: 0xC004C003) when I try to troubleshoot:
    • Have been trying for 3 days now - still not activated.
    Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

TobiasPreston, Mar 5, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 5, 2020
  4. red454 Win User

Activation after new hardware upgrades?

Right - my point was to see what would happen if I tried the OS from one system on a totally different motherboard, and it went better than I expected, other than the activation - which I expected. I did chat with a Microsoft rep today online and he confirmed that after the hardware upgrade on a free Win10 upgrade that they (Mircosoft) will have to remote access my system to verify the proper key, etc. before they can reactivate it.

red454, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows activation on a new hardware - Similar Threads - activation hardware

2. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working: Recently had to change my MB after a surge took the previous one out. After change I can no longer activate me copy of windows and get the code 0xC004F211 which confirmed it was a hardware change issue. I've tried the trouble shooter, wasn't able to activate and tells me to...
  3. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working: Recently had to change my MB after a surge took the previous one out. After change I can no longer activate me copy of windows and get the code 0xC004F211 which confirmed it was a hardware change issue. I've tried the trouble shooter, wasn't able to activate and tells me to...
  4. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. hardware upgrade - windows activation not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware upgrade - windows activation not working: I did post this previously but accidentally using the wrong Microsoft account, but I've added more info based on answers thereI've recently done a hardware upgrade and now it can't activate my previous Windows account. When I've followed the Troubleshoot guide it can't find...
  6. hardware upgrade - windows activation not working

hardware upgrade - windows activation not working: I did post this previously but accidentally using the wrong Microsoft account, but I've added more info based on answers thereI've recently done a hardware upgrade and now it can't activate my previous Windows account. When I've followed the Troubleshoot guide it can't find...
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  8. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  9. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

10. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes: Hey guys,I need help, I've tried trouble shooter, and virtual helper, gotten no progress. I've upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard etc, but I'm unable to activate my windows 10.I originally bought windows 7, and upgraded it with the free upgrade to win 10 long ago. I...